Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Oh, I forgot to show you  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Oh, I forgot to show you
« on: January 25, 2009, 08:25:32 pm »
Last year I bought a small extractor from a bee pal.  He wasn't into keeping bees any more and after I got the monster, monster extractor from another bee pal, this bee pal was happy to sell me this one that I can actually lift up, is stainless steel and good for my size.  My fabulous Husband built me a stand for this little extractor, and he makes me proud of these things he does for me.  My little teeny, tiny extractor.  It holds four frames, and needs to be turned after each side, but hey, that is good arm exercise and good for my body and soul.  Have a wonderful and great day, attract and keep fabulous health.  Cindi

My youngest Grandson is a master at fitting into small place, you find somewhere where he can squeeze in, he will go there

This is the extractor that I also got from a bee pal.  I am still not too sure what to do with it, it is galvanized and I am not sure if I want to do all the work with sandblasting and painting it with food grade paint, that seems like an awful lot of work, so it just sits there and will come along with us for the ride when we up and move from this place.

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Oh, I forgot to show you
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 08:35:34 pm »
Cindi, you got the longest legs I ever did see.... :shock:
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 09:21:52 pm »
HeyCindi!
Your shiny one is EXACTLY like mine!!!
way to go!!
your friend,
john

Offline tlynn

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 09:54:15 pm »
Hey that's a dandy!  And quite a handsome stand!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 10:25:22 pm »
Good stuff there Cindi. Does your hubby ever work the bees with you?

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline bberry

• House Bee
  • Playing with wool is good for your soul
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 10:31:41 pm »
Great pics, love the little honey in the box-very cute!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 11:10:56 pm »
I have a two frame extractor that someone sold me for 50.00. It is hard work turning that handle. Boy Cindy you must be stronger than me. Complain, complain.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 12:02:45 pm »
Bjornbees, you made made me laugh.  I had to re-look at the pictures to see what you meant by the longest legs.  Didn't notice it at first, but, that reflection in the extractor was my Husband, not me, I don't like the colour red, that is the only reason that I know it was him, he likes red, hee, hee.  And yes, he actually does have really long legs, not quite as long as the reflection depicts, but long.  JP, he only works building the stuff for my bees, not the bees themselves, the like to sting him when he is around, smiling, maybe he should shower a little more, hee, hee.  Have a wonderful and most awesome day, life, attract that great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 12:17:23 pm »
I love the shiny one!  That stand is very nice too, you are very lucky that your hubby will build things to make it easier for you.  Isn't it amazing where those kids can crawl into!  He is a cutie pie!  Looks like the sun is coming out today, had snow yesterday...eekkk :-x.  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 12:29:35 pm »
Jody, oh yes, a lucky woman, that I am.  No snow here, still freakin' cold and clear, don't think the snow is ever going to melt.  Have a great and most awesome day, Cindi

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 11:52:25 am »
OOOHH Cindi,

What beauties...I am still crushing and straining,  :roll:...hhhmmm, perhaps this year I will splurge, or not.

~*~*Hugs

P.S.  Your signature is most humbling...