Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: removal, chasin bees  (Read 1776 times)

Offline duck

• House Bee
    • Big Thicket Bees
removal, chasin bees
« on: June 23, 2012, 05:49:27 pm »
entrance on two story town home between brick and fascia.  suspect wall on first story, drill holes in sheetrock, look inside with borecam, nuthin.  drill into soffit overhang, look inside nothing.  drill fascia, follow bees running on top of brick 4 foot in.  Then Im getting into some plywood.  looks like they are running a maze to get to their hive?! what in the world? looks like I gotta tear into the soffit to follow em in..  usually I drill a hole and the bit comes out wet! this is frustrating, two visits and not pinpointed yet.  Have another one I have a trapout to setup today because they are running somewhere and I fear it to be in a chimney.  I scooped up all the easy removals I guess.. :(

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
Re: removal, chasin bees
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 06:09:14 pm »
I know your pain. I just did a chimney job. they went 7 feet down inside the 12 by 12 brick flume. I had to buy a post hole digger and modify it plus buy a hoe just to reach the comb at the bottom. it was a mess. could only get 4 frames of brood and 3 of honey. the rest I had to put in the honey bucket but they are building up. got 4 gal of beautiful Orange honey from it. The job took 8 hours to do.

john

anything