Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Raid on Imported Honey By Homeland Security  (Read 7106 times)

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Raid on Imported Honey By Homeland Security
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 09:13:25 pm »
The honey standard is what we need for all states. This is a rule for Florida and could be adopted in other states.

https://www.flrules.org/gateway/readFile.asp?sid=2&tid=6512985&type=1&File=5K-4.027.htm

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 09:21:57 pm »
23% moisture  :-X MY MY- :? RDY-B

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 09:29:05 pm »

I had not seen that untill you pointed it out and I do believe that is a bit high.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 10:55:46 pm »

Fermentation starts at 20% perhaps even slightly less.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 11:08:23 pm »

Fermentation starts at 20% perhaps even slightly less.

...JP
n or constituent unique to honey may be removed except where unavoidable in the removal of foreign matter. Chemical or biochemical treatments shall not be used to influence honey crystallization.
(a) Moisture Content – No water may be added to honey in the course of extraction or packing for sale or resale as honey. Honey shall not have a moisture content exceeding 23%.
(b) Sugars Content.
1. The ratio of fructose to glucose shall be greater than 0.9.
2. Fructose and Glucose (Sum of Both) shall not be less than 60g/100g.
(c) Sucrose Content.
1. Honey not listed below shall not be more than 5g/100g.
2. Alfalfa (Medicago sativa), Citrus spp., False Acacia (Robinia pseudoacacia), French Honeysuckle (Hedysarum), Menzies Banksia (Banksia menziesii), Red Gum (Eucalyptus camaldulensis), Leatherwood (Eucryphia lucida), Eucryphia milligani – not more than 10g/100g.
3. Lavender (Lavandula spp) and Borage (Borago officinalis) – not more than 15g/100g.
(4) Name of the Food.
(a) Products conforming to the standard of identity as adopted in this rule shall be designated ‘honey’. Foods containing honey and any flavoring, spice or other added ingredient or if honey is processed in such a way that a modificatio
https://www.flrules.org/gateway/readFile.asp?sid=2&tid=6512985&type=1&File=5K-4.027.htm

Offline tig

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 07:42:34 pm »
we have the same problem of illegal chinese honey entering my country by the shipload and being packaged and sold as local honey by unscrupulous traders.  like the USA, we have a huge honey shortfall domestically which makes it very tempting to smuggle some from china which sells the honey at very low prices.  it isnt also honey which is being smuggled in.  pollen and royal jelly and wax foundations are just some of the other products.