Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Posting Picture Probs.  (Read 5195 times)

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
Posting Picture Probs.
« on: January 17, 2007, 03:28:40 pm »
Wanted to post a picture, but it doesn't work. Followed directions, and when i upload to forum, all that appears is the "url" address, no picture. Any suggestions?
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
Re: Posting Picture Probs.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 03:39:59 pm »
Cindi messaged me these directions when I was having trouble posting my photos. Maybe the can help you. Good Luck

OK, first, download the pictures onto your computer?  I guess I should have asked that firstly.  I believe that is what you may have to do, not sure though, maybe you can just get them through photobucket.  There may be other people on the forum that could help you better with the photobucket thing, I haven't tried it, so I cannot comment.  But this is what I do with my pictures to post.

2).  Go into the forum and create a post.
3.  Type some text just to get it going.
4.  I'm trying to remember what it looks like, hold on....
  OK, so below the text box you will see a field that is blank and beside is the "browse" button. 
Click on browse
This will take you to your computer
Find where you stored your picture
Click on the picture name
And then choose "open"
The picture data information will appear in the window to the left of the "browse" button, it designates where the picture is located on your computer
Below the "browse" button and find the words "Host it"
5.  Click on host it and you will enter the "Imageshack" software that will come up in a screen
It should show your picture in there.
Above your picture you will see several links to forum 1 or 2 etc, ignore these.
Below your picture you will see two lines regarding the posting to forum 1 and forum 2
You want to select the first line
"hotlinks to forum 1", highlight the line, it will turn blue
Click on it, then do the right click to copy the picture
Close the imageshack (you know, click the X on the top right of screen)
Now go back to the place where you typed your text and where you want the image to be placed, right click again to paste your picture

You're basically done.  Each picture that you want to post in this post you will have to go manually into image shack. I have tried to do multiples, but it goofed up on me, you probably can, but I couldn’t figure it out.  Good luck

organicgrl37, you want to preview your post before you post it to see if the picture worked or not.  So push the preview button and you should see your post with the picture in it.

I really hope that my instructions were clear enough for you.  I am not great at explaining things sometimes.  But please good luck.  If you are still having problems and I could not help you.  Then go into the help on this forum and you will see a part that will explain maybe even better than I did about how to post images.  Good luck. If you were successful, I will see your dear little child.  Great day. Cindi

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 03:58:09 pm »
Thanx a bunch. I did exactly that up to the part where you ignore the url codes up top and go to the ones beneath. I'll give it a try. Wish me luck.

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 04:08:58 pm »
I spoke too soon. I still only get a url code. Perhaps It takes a long time to upload and I've run out of time. Try again later. Thanx.

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 04:19:52 pm »
this is what i get.

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 05:53:41 pm »
Looks like a wonderful picture, Konasdad, you can't see it?

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 05:56:11 pm »
Shes a beaut of a dog. Enjoying the sun like I wish I could do right now. :)

Offline mabuzzbee

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 06:16:42 pm »
Our neighbors have chocolate labs, they are definitely beautiful dogs
I am nobody.  Nobody is perfect.  Therefore, I am perfect.

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 08:18:25 pm »
I could not see it from my work computer. All i saw was numbers and such. Oh well. Was attemptimg to post a few of Kona, my choc lab.

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 12:40:58 am »
such a nice looking dog. i am sure she is a great companion. I love the light in her eyes. thanks for sharing.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 10:57:37 am »
Konasdad!!!!!  What a beautiful picture, your dog looks like she is enjoying the last dog days of summer, relaxing on the grass.  Love the pictures, they are very exciting.  Great day.  Cindi

P.S.  Did you push the "preview" button to the right of the "post" button?  If you cannot see your image on your computer, just try to do this step, maybe you will see the picture.

You will notice that when you push the preview button that maybe you still only see the "url" codes.  I find that the only way that I can see the picture preview is to scroll UP THE WINDOW AND THE PREVIEW SITS ABOVE THE POST WITH THE "url" codes in it.   Try that.

If you still can't that is a shame because you sent a beautiful picture of a beautiful barn and trees, chairs, and a lovely field.  Great day.

Let us know if you eventually find a way to see your picture.

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 12:59:14 pm »
I can see it today at work. I'll try tp poste once more from work. here goes nothing!!!!!!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 10:36:24 pm »
Ha, that dog is so darn cute.  How did you get the dog to "pose" in almost the same position as in the earlier picture?  Or is she used to being photgraphed (LOL).

I love the Labrador breed.  I have known many labs and they have always been very devoted family dogs and I find them very relaxed, intelligent and most of all obedient.  Lovely canine you have.  Great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 02:49:29 pm »
First he is a boy! He is very photogenic and has won two calander contests. He is two yrs old now and is my best buddy as you can see. The beach is island Beach state park, NJ and the other is my backyard in early November this past year. Thanx for compliments. Wanted to try posting soem pics on this forum for practice.Here is one more for the bee crowd. My Queen Bee, I call her Queen Lili'kaulani.

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 04:16:08 pm »
Awesome photo of queen Lili'kaulani. Truly amazing. What kind of camera are you using? The bee keepers on this web site sure are great photographers.

Please ask your best buddy to forgive me, I hope i didn't offend him by referring to him as a her  :oops:

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 07:01:35 pm »
i got frustrated with image shack, but photobucket works just fine for me.  i think my problem was that i didn't want the toolbar.  anyway....the dog looks great and your place looks nice too.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline mabuzzbee

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 11:05:46 pm »
Question.. do most of you name your bees?   :-\
I am nobody.  Nobody is perfect.  Therefore, I am perfect.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 01:14:04 am »
organicgrl37.  Oops, I referred to the beauty as a her too, I thought he meant me that called him a girl (LOL).

Konasdad.  No wonder your pooch has won calendar contests.  He is a pretty darn good looking dog for sure, and your best buddy I can bet goo.  I am very impressed with your picture taking, curious too about what kind of camera you are using.  It looks like it has a great telephoto lense.

I use a small sony digital, nothing special, but it takes pretty good close up and zooms.

My husband is a photography freak.  He has an old, old Nikon, probably made around 1965 and still uses it.  Intensely beautiful pictures.  But he also has a new Nikon D70.  the digital aspect of photography is so much better in many ways, but still, film has its place too.

Keep practising with the pictures and bring them on the net.  We all love to take a glimpse into other's lives, that is a wonderful thing to share.  Great day.  Cindi

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 09:11:11 am »
i got frustrated with image shack, but photobucket works just fine for me. .....
There are distinct advantages to having your own server.
This is me in Boston when it snows. Did I mention I like Florida.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2007, 09:45:27 am »
I used a 5MP Olympus Cammedia camera.A point and shoot. For years I used a manual 35mm SLR, but the convenience of digital is truly liberating. Thanx for compliments. Yes, I name ny bees. For records it sure beats Hive #4, boring! My other hive is Queen Ester, Queen of Queens histroically speaking.

anything