Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Gold Prospecting?  (Read 67644 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Re: Gold Prospecting?
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2009, 10:39:43 pm »
We actually have a gold mine on our property which has not been worked since the thirties as I understand it.  My bee yard is just down the mountain from it.

With the price of gold going so high I thought about having some of the quartz looked at for gold content.  I would be afraid to go into the mine though as it is not safe and has alot of water in it.  We had joked about making it into a wine cellar since a lot of really good wine is grown and produced nearby.

The mine is also protected by a branch of poison oak as big around as my arm.  I may look at the quartz rock on other parts of the protery more though. I would not want to mess up the property by mining.

We have done gold panning with the kids in the local river.  It is very fun and it does not produce much gold even though it is a gold rich area California foothills.

if you have a mine there , there should be piles of dirt and rock they pulled out of the mine, there are some people that get metal detectors and search these piles and fined plenty of gold, they weren't real efficient back then, it could be there outside the mine and you dont know it.....
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline BarneyG

• New Bee
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2009, 12:39:07 pm »
Hello another GPPA life time member here  , i've been to some of there claims  1. bakercity oregon ,  2. arizonia , and up to alaska on my dads claims   Barney
Barney

Offline BarneyG

• New Bee
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2009, 12:54:41 pm »
Hey Bigeddie  the burnt river is in eastern oregon not southern oregon  its over by Bakercity area   Barney
Barney

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2009, 02:11:35 pm »
blackoak i agree with twt,  work those tailings over you may find a lot of gold in them,  i just got the word that the place i was going to stake over a friends old claim has now been added to a nearby designated wilderness area when they actually designated the study area they expanded the borders of the area almost a mile past our old location :'(   we may have a line on a private area where we can get into dinosour bone should know something next week!
vegetarian???  isn't green stuff for growing meat?
I'm now KL4GU general ham

Offline Bigeddie

• House Bee
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2009, 01:47:01 am »
Hey Bigeddie  the burnt river is in eastern oregon not southern oregon  its over by Bakercity area   Barney

You are correct,I was there in Aug. don't know why I said southern. My friend has claims in so. Ore. and his mine is in eastern Ore.
God bless Us all!!

Offline Bigeddie

• House Bee
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2009, 02:03:03 am »
Went dredging in Ca. in july, just got a good start when Ca.passed a no dredging bill. No refund on my $185.00 permit that was supposed to be good untill the end of 09. I guess if you are 50 billion in the hole a few million from dredgers don't mean squat.
God bless Us all!!

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2009, 05:53:36 pm »
Went dredging in Ca. in july, just got a good start when Ca.passed a no dredging bill. No refund on my $185.00 permit that was supposed to be good untill the end of 09. I guess if you are 50 billion in the hole a few million from dredgers don't mean squat.

A no dredging bill in California?!?!?!?!  Oh man, I guess the GPAA isn't doing their job!  I thought we paid the GPAA all that money to have them be our voice in the amateur mining community.  What good is that huge "Claims Guide" if you can't mine them.  Ugh.  Washington State finally got a break and can finally pan and sluice year round now!  Used  be we could only do it during the summer months.

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Bigeddie

• House Bee
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2009, 10:57:18 pm »
You can still pan,highbank and detect but just not dredge. Dredging accounts for a lot of the gold found in Ca. Look at the New 49ers web site for more info. I think GPAA gave $5000.00 to fight the bill. Also look at puplic land for the people web, they are non profit and have lawyers on the case. Please let your voice be heard or one day we will not be able to pursue our dreams.

Eddie
God bless Us all!!

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2009, 09:39:25 am »
You think the GPAA would have given more money or done something else to help.  Seems sorta cheap of them, especially since the GPAA is headquartered in California.  The new law affects them directly.  Somebody fell asleep at the wheel here.  California is weird.  No liberty there.

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Bigeddie

• House Bee
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2009, 06:35:20 pm »
I don't understand it either, but its their money. You bet Ca. is weird. I have some good friends there and they would leave the state but their family is all there so it would be hard for them . The law makers in that state are nuts!

I was in Wa. the end of Aug. to see a friend in Omack. We went up west of Oroville with the detectors for a couple days but struck out. Can't remember the name of the river right off hand.

Eddie
God bless Us all!!

Offline Reno badboy

• Brood
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2010, 06:08:41 pm »
I started out with GPAA and was fairly happy with them ,for a short period. I've been at this for almost 10 years now and know better than get involved with this group again. It's called "Miners mining miners",alot of nothing for alot of money! I've gotten more without being robbed. And yes, Cali. passed a no dredge bill. Very smart for a state that's in debt huh??? OK, enough of that. Laterz! Al :evil: