Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Interest in dipping in Atlanta area?  (Read 3601 times)

Offline Doby45

• House Bee
Interest in dipping in Atlanta area?
« on: May 08, 2009, 03:05:08 pm »
My bee partner and I are in the process of buying the start up equipment needed to dip hive bodies and bottom boards and so forth and we were wanting to see what the interest in our area would be for hobbyist beekeepers to have their components dipped.  We are looking at something like $2-$3 a piece.  I understand this is not cost effective for larger beeks because by the time you have all your junk dipped you could buy your own start up equipment and dip your own.  But, for the beek with 2 or 3 hives that would like a very durable and attractive protective layer on their equipment I think it is unbeatable.  Let me know if anyone is interested.  :-D

Offline nella

• House Bee
Re: Interest in dipping in Atlanta area?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 03:40:09 pm »
The hives look nice that are dipped. How often do you have to dip the hive to give it good protection?

Offline Doby45

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 03:52:12 pm »
My understanding is that once they are dipped they are dipped.  The paraffin and rosin soak in and are not simply on the surface.

Offline cundald

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 03:59:53 pm »
I would be willing to travel from Central NC to Atlanta to have some dipper and there maybe others in our group.

Keep me informed as to your progress.

cundald
The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.
Solomon Ibn Gabriol

Offline Doby45

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 04:14:11 pm »
With enough interest we could even meet in Murphy, NC.  My friend has land there and we could just bring the equipment up on a weekend that we would be up there anyway.  I go and pick the tank/pot up on Thursday of next week, then we just need to get our "starter" batch of paraffin and rosin.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 04:15:02 pm »
Wish you were out here

anything