Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New partner  (Read 10607 times)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
Re: New partner
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 12:23:21 am »
Ok Cindi!...You asked for it!

When we first moved out here in the country, the only dog I had was a Dalmation,...Annie was her name,( after "Where the red fern grows")...Up until I got married she was the most important thing in my life....Then after a couple years out here, she seized one nite...She couldnt stand up anymore and her eyes were going back and forth, and if she walked, she walked in circles. Oh boy,...what an awful time when I had to put her down...I pretty much knew the moment she seized, her life with me was over, and nothing was the same anymore...So, the next day after she seized, Janelle, Brad, and myself took her to put her down...We even stopped by my parents house so they could say goodbye to her...We pulled up in the driveway and mom and dad were out there already balling, as were the rest of us, and Annie just sitting in the front seat, doing the best she could to  see everybody there to welcome her..I think she knew we were all doing the "Good Bye" thing, but she wasnt worried.
 She went away very peacefully, looking me straight in the eyes......
 Ok,.....I had already dug the first grave in "Pet Cemetery" by now, the nite before we took Annie away..It was like digging in concrete, as the ground was hard clay..I couldnt get it very deep, but i did my best......Now it was time to put Annie in......So I gathered her favorite toys, and a chew bone she had recently been messing with, and wrapped her in a blanket which she always liked best..Then I put her in the hole and buried her, using dirt and cinderblock chunks to keep out animals.
  Now then....I had taken off a couple of days as everybody knew at this point I had buried my best friend.....
 About 3 days after the funeral, Janelle called me ....terrible news....again.......
 I was still at work and she got off work before me.........So I get the call :oops:........

She told me to not look at the pet cemetery when i got home because she had to do something in it.....Apparently, some animal dug up part of the grave :-\...The blanket had been dug up and dragged part way out!
 At any rate, after i did an inspection and stuffed the blanket back in under the dirt better. I was looking around the yard at nothing in particular, watching Buck,(another Rott we had at that time) and the 2 collies, Toni and Jill, just doing doggy things......And what do I see????? :shock:.....A toy of Annies with a collie messing with it, and Buck, chewing the chew bone i buried with Annie!!!!
 Those darn dogs, decided to dig Annie up to get the stuff out of the hole!!!!
 This was Typical for an adventure with Annie and me, you know, who would have expected the other dogs to violate "Sacred Ground"???
 I had to laugh at this point...the dogs were always trying to steal each others stuff anyways, and just because Annie was now dead didnt mean the game between the dogs had changed any.

I now have a gate at the front,and posts(split rail) all around the cemetery...also, the animals who get buried in there are buried a little deeper nowadays. Belle, Russ and Yvettes dog was the last internment done out there. I'll let people come over and bury their dogs when i'm at work and nobody else is at home, that way they have family privacy.
 I like the lites...Each one represents a dog.....The little headstone in the picture is Annies grave.
 I'm really lucky to live where i do and be able to have my
"Gone Away" dogs with me on my small piece of land.
 I know, though, one day i'm gonna be burying another dog....And I'm eventually gonna find one of the other dogs by accident!!! :-D
Well,.....Thats about all that has happened in Pet cemetery thats worth bringing up. (unless, one nite, I see a ghost dog out there)..I'll keep you posted WHEN that happens!!

your friend,
john

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 10:00:12 am »
John that must have been one of the hardest post that you ever did :'( A dog is man's best friend. If you have one to many beer's they don't yell at you they love you for who you are and it's unconditional love. I know the pain you felt well to good your post made my heart heavy and tears ran down my face :( :'(

Your Friend
                                                                       Irwin
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 10:16:11 am »
John, thats beautiful!  Maddy is 14 so it's not long now, that will be a sad day.  There is only 1 place up here by the house where I can dig... 26 years of assorted things in there so we are always disturbing old ones... :oops: :shock:  Thousands of years from now they will dig in here & wonder why all these animals were together!  Then in the pasture are 2 goats & Haley Horse.  Dads ashes are under the rosebush by the front door, he loved his roses. J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 11:02:20 am »
Oh John.....what more can I say.

I know that pain, we as dog lovers, all do know that pain.  Why can't they live as long as we do, saying no more.

We have lost dogs, but they are not here, they have been incinerated at the vets.  I have never been able to bring myself to have any of our pets buried on our property, that pain would be too deep for me.  There have been costs of this action.

John, that was a very touching story that you have told us, and yes, I did have those tears too.  And I am very happy that you shared this part of your life with us, a very special part.  Have a great and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 07:17:07 pm »
Yeh, its a bummer burying pets.
 I cant remember why I have 2 fish in there.....Janelle asked me one day "How long are you gonna keep that fish in the freezer?"..I said,"Till I can dig a hole."..This was a little albino cory catfish. There must have beeen something special about him but I cant remember what.
 I reckon I finally got drunk one nite and decided to have a funeral, but I didnt have anybody to bury at the moment....And then(lite bulb!)...I remembered my fish!
 So, I got my garden spoon, got the fish outta the freezer, dug a hole and stuck him in!
Then, I drank and balled for about 20 minutes :'(.( seemed like I would have no satisfaction unless I put on a show!!)
 I cant remember what kind of fish the other one is.

your friend,
john

Oh yeh,..Cindi, those are solar lites..They only shine at nite!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2008, 10:08:27 am »
John, yes of course, that would be solar lights, that would make total sense.  I was thinking that you ran electricity out there, how dumb of me.

That must look so cool at night, I really did like the picture that you posted.  I am not kidding.  I love your graveyard.  I bet that is someone was walking through the bush at night and came across this, not knowing what it was, would twiddle their twinkers!!!  I bet it would freak them right out.  Wish I had it here so I could freak out my Grandsons, Nieces and Nephews.  Now you got me thinkin'..  Remember my rock pile?  I know you do.  It has got even bigger.  The kids know I am a freak, with my rock pile.  And everyone that comes to our house and I show them around, always ask me what is underneath this massive rock pile.......

I think that I am going to set up a scenario sometime over the next few months (here comes that teasing side of me).  I am going to set up a freaky thing around that rock pile, using solar lights (I have a few of those hanging around places), I am letting my imagination wander here.....I will tell you the results, may not be for months, but it will be there, in the back of my mind, brewing away.  Beautiful life and day, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2008, 01:07:43 pm »
I thought it was a boy because I thought I saw a "handle" down there :)
 The cops out here at the base come to my place to let the dogs practice sniffing explosives and drugs. Maybe I can get a picture one of these days.

your friend,
john

John I have to ask the question  What are you doing with drugs and explosives all over your property?????? :-D :-D :-D

Keith

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2008, 07:39:20 pm »
 "Its my Nature", keith! :-D
 The cops bring it with them...They always take it back tho!

hey JP!

Can you post that link what has the "doggy heaven" theme? I lost it last time my computer broke.
 I used to look at that all the time...Janelle was always saying to me" Johnny dear, why do you always subject yourself to such torture?", as I would be in front of my computer snivelling! :-D

your friend,
john

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2008, 08:38:27 pm »
What is the "Doggy Heaven"  :?

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 09:43:29 pm »
I cant really remember the name of that link right now...but its about how you meet up with pets after they die...It'll make you ball!..If I remember what it is before JP gets here I'll post it!

your friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2008, 10:55:12 pm »
John, oh no, that sounds too sad, I wouldn't be able to look at that link, but maybe it would be good for some.  That is the wonderful thing about life and choices, we do what we want to do, smiling  :-X :shock: ;) :) :)  have the best of this wonderful day, great health.  Cindi

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2008, 03:06:24 pm »
I FOUND IT.......
Take a look!! JP sent this to me awhile back....
www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html - 3k
your friend,
john

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2008, 08:46:54 am »
John that was to cool Thank you and you to JP.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.