Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hive(s) in NW TN  (Read 2829 times)

Offline beebiz

• House Bee
Hive(s) in NW TN
« on: February 01, 2005, 02:11:20 am »
Anyone out there In NW TN have or know anyone who has any beekeeping equipment that they would be willing to give to someone to haul it away? :?:   I know that sounds like a very unlikely scenario, but a couple of years back it happened to me. :)   An older gentleman who had not kept bees in several years gave me some hives, frames, a bee suit, hat, gloves, smoker and other things... just for hauling them away.  Unfortunately, before I got a chance to use any of it, our house and the adjacent building containing all the equipment was lost in a fire. :cry:   It also might sound cheap :oops: , but right now finances are extremely tight.  I have more time on my hands than I do money!  I thought  :idea:  if I could get some used things, I could use some of that time to thoroughly clean things up.  Then later, when the $$ belt isn't quite as tight, I can purchase the things that require the $$. :wink:

Thanks for looking,
beebiz
Smile!  The rest of the world will wonder what the heck you're up to!

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
Hive(s) in NW TN
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 10:54:33 am »
You could try posting on Freecycle. Its a internet thing where people post stuff they have and no longer want or stuff that they are looking for. It is arranged by area you can find  a group near you at http://www.freecycle.org/
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline beebiz

• House Bee
Thanks a bunch!!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 05:36:03 am »
Thank you so very much for the info about http://freecycle.org/   :!:   Since neither our town or county had a group, I posted a "WANTED" in one of the area town groups.  Then I got to thinking about it  :idea: ...  We have some perfectly good clothes that my wife and I can't wear  :idea: ... and probably otther things that either we or our family and friends don't need or can't use  :idea: ...  Sooo, I did the next logical thing... I created and became the moderator for our town's new group!!  :wink:

After our house burned to the ground in December 2003, the local people were so kind, helpful, and giving to us that even now, it is still hard to imagine.  Ever since then I have tried my best to think of a way that I could give something back to the community.  Money is almost non-existant around here, so help that requires $$$ is out of the question.  My wife and I are both disabled , so physical help is beyond our means also.  But through this organization, maybe I can help by simply donating my time and some phone calls!  Again, thank you so much for the information!

God Bless,
Robert
Smile!  The rest of the world will wonder what the heck you're up to!