Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beemaster Shirt Demo - what do YOU think?  (Read 7402 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Beemaster Shirt Demo - what do YOU think?
« on: May 28, 2011, 07:40:18 pm »
Hi Everyone:

I just played with a design logo for tee-shirts with front and back lettering and want to know your opinion. These babies aren't cheap, except in bulk and even then you have no choices of mixing sizes or colors - if you ordered 50, you get 50 of the same size and color shirts.

But for years, many of you have asked about shirts and I'm just curious what you think of this simple "I'm a Beemaster Every Day!!!" phrase on the front, and layout on the back. Any input welcome.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Beemaster Shirt Demo - what do YOU think?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 08:21:14 pm »
works for me, but no pink, red, orange....  :evil:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Wits End

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 08:23:08 pm »
where do I sign up
Jeff and Kellie Houston
Wits End Blueberry and Bee Farm
Greenwood Mississippi

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 09:02:16 pm »
Works for me John. I don't know who you are talking to or the prices but I am posting a link to a company that I have used for my company shirts. They were very accommodating with mixing sizes and colors and I thought reasonable in price.

I am with kathy on the pink. Red and orange maybe.

Steve

http://www.casamariausa.com/

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 09:18:46 pm »
What about using cafe press?  I don't think that's expensive because it's pay as you go.  They don't make them until ordered.  http://www.cafepress.com/

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 10:22:32 pm »
What about using cafe press?  I don't think that's expensive because it's pay as you go.  They don't make them until ordered.  http://www.cafepress.com/

Linda T in Atlanta

Linda:

CafePress is where I designed this demo - a basic mans t-shirt printed both sides was $32, not to mention almost enough shipping to get it to $40 - that is a lot for a shirt. Bulking it saves about $7 per shirt, that is where the no size/color comes in.

I haven't checked deeply into the custom 2 sided "store" option (really not thinking of it except possibly for a fund raiser if we ever needed one) although I know lots of the active members would love to have a Forum shirt.

Artwork isn't an issue, I'm good at that and could get a lot more creative than just text, but I would never want any member to have to shell out a fortune for a t-shirt. It just gets to "business like" something I'd rather not do - I was kinda asking if anyone liked the basic shirt I tossed together, not looking for early orders.

But, I'll look into CafePress's order as you go thingy (anyone doing it now that can give me realistic prices is appreciated) I just don't see "yet" how anyone can afford to do this without the only one profiting is the T-shirt companies.

Thanks to everyone so far for the input - more certainly welcome and I am also gonna look at the other printer listed above as well. Thank youz.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 10:26:39 pm »
I'm all about a cool tshirt, but if you asking for suggestions...how about just a small design/logo of the left chest, then your beemaster.com on the back? Seems like huge screenprints on the front stick to you like glue when its hot.

Offline rbinhood

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 10:37:20 pm »
Do you have an Industries for the blind and deaf in your area.  We have the Alabama Industries for the Blind and Deaf located here in my hometown.  They produce shirts and windbreakers at a very reasonable price and they do great work I use them for my company tee's and pullovers.
Only God can make these two things.....Blood and Honey!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 11:15:38 pm »
Well... I'm setting up a store front at cafepress, see how that goes. I'm just doing it for now at least to see what is involved.

I don't know if I mentioned, do you like the (for yourself) the slogan "I'm a Beemaster Every Day!!!" I believe every beekeeper is a beemaster in their own yards. That slogan has nothing to do with me or the site - I think it a statement a member can make about the importance of who they are and what they do whether you have one hive or thousands. You are the masters of your domain and I just think you should be proud of that fact - hope that makes sense?!

Good advice on larger artwork sticking to you, I know what you mean. I see many options for t-shirts, mugs, on and on available - if this is something the membership would want, I'd gladly set it up for a percentage of the product to go directly toward the forums member's donation fund (which lately I gratefully say has had some very nice contributions) if I haven't gotten to you through email to thank you, I promise I'm catching up.

This forum is profit free and will stay that way, but if we can build a nest egg capable of keeping our site running with funds to handle any growth that benefits the members, I think that is a good thing.

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 11:29:59 pm »
Way Cool Shirt  8-) Can't wait to see what you can come up with.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 12:17:12 am »
I would like it to say on the front "BeeMaster" and nothing else. The back is good just the way it is.

Annette

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 12:59:33 am »
I would like it to say on the front "BeeMaster" and nothing else. The back is good just the way it is.

Annette

Okay.... I'm burnt out playing, but threw this together - conceptual mind you, but looked for vibrant colors - serious work in progress playing around, but her goes Annette.

night all :)

Oh.... I thought I'd try an insulated soda can holder - think I really like this one :)

kinda tugs at the heart strings don't it - lol.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:01:13 am by beemaster »

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 04:03:02 am »
Can I get a cooler that says 'Im proud to bee-nuts"

Just kidding
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 05:45:57 am »
Wanna talk bees?

Beemaster.com
International Beekeeping Forum

Or

Good Friends Are As Sweet As Honey

Beemaster.com
International Beekeeping Forum

I like these, not too pushy and piques interest.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 06:45:24 pm »
How about "I Train Bees" on the front with the BeeMaster forum info on the back?

Light brown or tan shirt with gold letters.

John,
When you get this worked out it should be added to the forum sight for a means of members to order the different offerings in shirts, hats, bottons, and other accessories to support the forum.  I just bought a hat and shirt for ARRL Field Day, so I think the idea is workable. 

I do like rbinhood's idea, that way we support the handicapped as well as the forum.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 11:15:02 pm »
I think we need a contest, or a poll. We can drive you crazy for sure John, or else you just decide.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 11:32:42 am »
I like the feedback for sure Annette!!!

I have a post up in Coffeehouse http://www.cafepress.com/beemaster where I put three products together using a catch phrase posted long ago (don't remember who) but I learned a lot about working with dots-per-inch and sizing and image type for clean font reproduction, and on and on last night and put it to work.

Here is an actual page (not saying the products will be there forever or that they won't change as we nail some slogans) rotating the slogans is really needed at this site because they only allow one artwork on a given item. So, if I had two great themes for a coffee mug, I could only do one at a time.

But this site works, good for learning how this is all done and I think I got three items on there that look pretty cool - let me know what you think. I ordered 2 of the coffee mugs just to see how well they come out and besides, it's the closest thing I have to a vanity item EXCEPT for the great t-shirt the Buzzbees gave me a few years back.

http://www.cafepress.com/beemaster

ALL FEEDBACK APPRECIATED :)

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 11:59:16 am »
i think Annettes' idea is good.  contest or poll or poll after some good ideas from the contest  :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 12:16:42 pm »
John, have you tried vistaprint.com ? They have shirts (one side print) for less than $10.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 09:13:24 pm »
Small beemaster logo @ pocket area of shirt minus pocket. Large design on back. This makes for a better dress casual look, my 2cents, instead of the large look at me writing on front and John you know just how large I am :-D Folks would run from writing that size.
John 3:16

anything