Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My creamed honey is not always creamy  (Read 1462 times)

Offline twb

• House Bee
My creamed honey is not always creamy
« on: December 20, 2008, 04:00:56 pm »
This is the first year we have made creamed honey and people seem to really like it.  Some batches seem to harden a bit too much, though.  I suggested to one customer that it needed to be placed in a warmer area and they said it was stored in a fairly warm environment.  They said they just stirred and stirred it until it was creamier.  Any suggestions for what I might be doing wrong to have my creamed honey get so hardened sometimes?
"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."  Proverbs 16:24

Sincerely,
TWB

Offline BMAC

• Field Bee
    • http://WWW.OLEMCDONALD.COM
Re: My creamed honey is not always creamy
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 09:23:50 am »
Keeping it in a fairly warm area as it initially sets up is all you really can do.  One thing we noticed is the winter basement temps are almost perfect for making creamed honey.  It finishs in as little as 7 days.  Unfortunately if you leave it in the basement for a month with the 59 degree temp it will become a rock.  We have to move it upstairs where it stays about 70 degrees.
God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
Re: My creamed honey is not always creamy
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 11:37:39 am »
Most creamed honies are  refrigerated after being made to insure it doesnt sweperate and the air bubbles travel to the top making it foamy.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".