Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Snowdrops & Bee  (Read 3578 times)

Offline egehan

• New Bee
Snowdrops & Bee
« on: January 28, 2008, 12:59:55 pm »

Date: January 2008 Edirne/TURKEY

Collecting pollen bee...

The snowdrops...

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: Snowdrops & Bee
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 02:06:27 pm »
A taste of spring, thanx!  My snowdrops are buried under (imagine this) snow!  :lol:  They will poke up around mid-February.  Hopefully the girls will be alive to enjoy them in early spring!

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 03:23:22 pm »
I've got hundreds of them. They have become invasive acroos my lawn and even grow through edge of driveway asphalt. Roundup doesn't hurt them much either, just slow most down.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 05:19:40 pm »
Well, I can't imagine trying to control them, or the need to, they come, they blossom, their foliage is gone before the grass greens up - mine have multiplied nicely.  I can't imagine poisoning them.  Then again, I never use Roundup at all on anything but poison ivy, and only then if I can't pull the plant and get rid of it that way.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 09:59:50 am »
Egehan.  Some very pretty pictures.  My snowdrops won't be up for awhile yet either, they bloom around the middle of February too, but may be later this year, we will see.  Thanks for putting that awesome shot here for us to look at.  Have an awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 10:52:21 am »
those are great pictures.  makes we wish for spring!!!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 04:06:26 pm »
A taste of spring, thanx!  My snowdrops are buried under (imagine this) snow!  :lol:  They will poke up around mid-February.  Hopefully the girls will be alive to enjoy them in early spring!

Normally I would  agree. Thay are destroying brick pathway and edge of driveway and choke out other bulb plants that bloom at same time. In my lawn, I just mow them after they bloom, elsewhere its war! I used to transplant, but I couldn't keep up. Squirrells also transplant them in veggie garden .
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 07:17:47 pm »
You have always posted some great photos.

Information on Snowdrops
http://www.theplantexpert.com/springbulbs/Snowdrop.html

It won't grow well in my area I am zone 10.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible