Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Chimney Question  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
Chimney Question
« on: April 24, 2012, 07:10:54 pm »
I just got a call from a lady that has bees coming in her house.

They are comeing in from around the gas log insert and if she listens she can hear them in the chimney. I dont know what to tell her she said that the bees started coming in Friday and they used the logs all winter so she would not think they were there last year

I have run into this once so far the first one the lady didnt use the insert and didnt seem interested in getting the gone that much so I said it was a cool place to get swarms and left it that was just down the road from me.

This one she wants them gone

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Chimney Question
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 07:55:33 pm »
If they just moved in,  I would put a trap out cone on the entrance, and there is a good chance they will abscond within a week.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 10:27:47 pm »
No ifs about it. They did just move in. If you can get a cone on quick, before they store food or have brood, they will be out within days, queen and all.

PS. If they had been there awhile, they would have closed off the holes to the interior and be using the outside exit only.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline duck

• House Bee
    • Big Thicket Bees
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 11:25:16 pm »
burn the rest of last winters fire wood.. all of it. all day.   :evil:

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 06:42:08 am »
Bee vac with a long extension, most likely they are near the top of the chimney.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 10:28:57 am »
can you do a trapout with out the box of eggs because reason I ask is they are to far from me to do a trapout I have always believed with out he box next to the trapout they will find a way back in

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 11:08:14 am »
I saw one once without a box. They had hung comb from the wire cone until they had a solid mass around the entrance and could go back and forth freely. The queen was still in the wall.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

anything