Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Selling package and queen supplies  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
Selling package and queen supplies
« on: February 20, 2010, 11:19:38 pm »
Hi,Where can a person buy supplies for selling package bees and queens or do most build their own,things like boxes for package bees and syrup and shipping ?

Do you need license to sell bees ? Where do you get one if you do ?

Do you need license to sell honey ?

Acts2:37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
Re: Selling package and queen supplies
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 11:35:56 pm »
there are many places to buy equipment
http://www.nabeehive.com/3packagebox.aspx
http://www.koehnen.com/products.html
different requirements for different states-dont know about license-but health certs are the norm
 talk to AG about the certs  :) RDY-B

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 11:31:59 am »
Do you need license to sell bees ? Where do you get one if you do ?
  I believe the State of Texas does require a licence to sell bees commercially.  I would assume the Texas Department of Agriculture would be where you need to go.

Do you need license to sell honey?
  I think only Florida requires this at this point.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 11:39:07 am »
I believe the State of Texas does require a licence to sell bees commercially.  I would assume the Texas Department of Agriculture would be where you need to go.

There is usually a limit that you can sell before you need to get a license. I think in NC it's around 10 hives per year (or something like that). Ask AG before you apply for one though.

Offline Two Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 02:00:44 pm »
In NC, you need to be registered with the State to sell more than 10 packages or nucs.
"Don't know what I'd do without that boy......but I'm sure willin' to give it a try!"
J.D. Clampett commenting about Jethro Bodine.