Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My Beekeeping adventure, so far  (Read 1496 times)

Offline _Brenda_

• House Bee
My Beekeeping adventure, so far
« on: March 15, 2008, 07:19:04 pm »
I ordered bee suit, kit (yes, I know "don't order kits", but I had no clue what I even needed), got bee package ordered from Rossman's.
I got the kit and part of it is backordered. The hive boxes/walls. Sure hope they get here before the bees! Bees won't be here until May, so I have time.
I read 3 good beginner books. Think I have a small clue now.  :)
Have my spot picked out for the bees.

I joined the state beekeeping association. I read that I need to register my bees when they arrive, and they need inspected.
I hope Rossman has docile bees.
I tried to contact a beek club, no and got no response. I couldn't sign up on their website, it goes to error page.
I did contact a different club and did get a nice response, but haven't got the info I need to join up yet.
When I got in our truck to go somewhere yesterday, there was a honeybee in the cab. I let it go, didn't get stung. Good sign I hope.  :-D
It's very early here for the bees to be flying. No nectar plants blooming yet.
Now I'm wondering how far away that bee came from, and maybe I can set out some sugar water to help them feed?
Brenda

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: My Beekeeping adventure, so far
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 09:17:02 pm »
Brenda, you are on the road to beekeeping, there will be lots to learn.  Reading the forum posts here, asking questions, all that kind of stuff will help you get get your feet wet, then you will be hooked.  Have a wonderful and great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service