Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Price of a brain  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Switchback

• House Bee
Price of a brain
« on: May 03, 2014, 08:00:27 pm »
In the hospital where a family member lay gravely ill, the relatives gathered in the waiting room. Finally, the doctor came in looking tired and somber.

"I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news," he said as he surveyed the worried faces. "The only hope left for your loved one at this time is a brain transplant. It's an experimental procedure, very risky, but it is the only hope. Insurance will cover the procedure, but you will have to pay for the BRAIN."

The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news. After a time, someone asked, "How much will a brain cost?"

The doctor quickly responded, "$5,000 for a Democrat's brain; $200 for a Republican's brain."

The moment turned awkward. Some of the Democrats actually had to try not to smile, avoiding eye contact with the Republicans. A man unable to control his curiosity, finally blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask, "Why is the Democrat's brain so much more than a Republican's brain?"

The doctor smiled at the childish innocence and explained to the entire group, "It's just standard pricing procedure. We have to price the Republicans' brains a lot lower because they're used."

"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking." J. C. Watts

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
Re: Price of a brain
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 08:09:06 pm »
 :lau:

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 01:51:27 pm »
 :pinkelephant:
vegetarian???  isn't green stuff for growing meat?
I'm now KL4GU general ham

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 03:32:50 pm »
 :cheer: :brian: :lau: :lau:
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 08:54:24 pm »
 :lau:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 11:34:12 pm »
If those are the only two options, let me die. :evil:
LOL
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 12:23:48 am »
You mean you haven't already??  :evil: :evil:  :-*
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 02:40:19 pm »
Shocker! I know!
Independent thought is possible.
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 02:50:29 pm »
Bluebee hasn't been around much recently, so I had to find someone else to pester.

TAG, YOU'RE IT.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

anything