Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A letter from the boss  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
A letter from the boss
« on: March 11, 2009, 05:39:17 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Letter from the Boss,

As the CEO of this business that employs 140 people, I have accepted the fact that Barack Obama is our new President, and that our taxes and government  fees will now increase in a BIG way.

To compensate for this additional overhead, I figure that the clients will have to see an increase in our fees of about 8% but since we cannot raise those prices right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we will have to lay off several of our employees instead. This unfortunate economic reality has really been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who will have to go.

After giving it considerable thought, this is what I did:  I strolled thru our parking lot and found 11 Obama bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They wanted change; I gave it to them.

If you have a better idea, let me know.

Sincerely,

The Boss

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
Re: a letter from the boss
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 05:47:03 pm »
Seems like a good idea to me Irwin

Keith

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 06:18:39 pm »
 ;)
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 07:55:15 pm »
Before the big 0' is through, I'm afraid it will be more like 111 out of 140. :(
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 08:17:33 pm »
 :-D

i have found some good bumper stickers.  i only hesitate to put them on because i don't want my car keyed.  maybe i'll put them next to my NRA sticker and that will make them think twice   :evil:

one has obama dressed like robin hood.   http://shop.cafepress.com/obama-hood
 the other say "bendover"  the O in over is obamas little sunrise emblem.  http://shop.cafepress.com/bend-over
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 09:31:29 am »
:-D

i have found some good bumper stickers.  i only hesitate to put them on because i don't want my car keyed.  maybe i'll put them next to my NRA sticker and that will make them think twice   :evil:

one has obama dressed like robin hood.   http://shop.cafepress.com/obama-hood
 the other say "bendover"  the O in over is obamas little sunrise emblem.  http://shop.cafepress.com/bend-over

Kathy I just bought the Sucker sticker I will put it on my old truck so it won't matter when they key it

Keith

Offline irerob

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 07:35:25 pm »
   Yep tea party t shirt here . :-D
You don't need a parachute to sky dive.... you do how ever need one to sky dive twice.
 KJ4QMH.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 10:55:56 pm »
 :evil: