Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I am the proud owner of a Golden Bee Suit!  (Read 10808 times)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
I am the proud owner of a Golden Bee Suit!
« on: December 15, 2008, 10:35:13 pm »
My parents gave me a Golden Bee Suit for my birthday last month - I am so thrilled.  It came today and is a great fit - the right pants length for me, well ventilated and a zip on hood that is so comfortable.  I really look forward to wearing it in bee season.

I put pictures on my blog:
http://beekeeperlinda.blogspot.com/2008/12/my-golden-bee-suit-arrived.html

Sue, the daughter of the creators of the suit, was easy to work with and the suit arrived within 3 weeks of my order.  My only complaint is that it smells like cigarette smoke, but that will air out in no time, hanging on my sun porch.  Here's their number:  504-456-8805

Whoo Hoo - and I can't wait for bee season!

Linda T happy Golden Bee Suit owner in Atlanta

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: I am the proud owner of a Golden Bee Suit!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 01:03:04 am »
That suit sure looks familiar, Suzy is a great lady, I'm glad she's picked up where her parents left off and that you got your suit in only 3 weeks is very good news for future buyers.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 03:24:25 am »
I am going to treat myself to one of those one day.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 03:09:31 pm »
Let us know how you like it.  Pretty nasty that it comes all smellin of cigarettes though. :-x

I think I'm going to go for the UltraBreeze Jacket for next year.
http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com/index.html

I really like the convenience of a jacket verses a whole suit and I think the UltraBreeze veil is more functional.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 05:22:11 pm »
Let us know how you like it.  Pretty nasty that it comes all smellin of cigarettes though. :-x

I really like the convenience of a jacket verses a whole suit and I think the UltraBreeze veil is more functional.

That might be all you can get as the whole suit is totally sold out!!!  It looks interesting, very airy. Does anyone here have any experience with this fabric!!!

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 07:00:15 pm »
On a hot day they are worth every penny...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 07:18:42 pm »

That might be all you can get as the whole suit is totally sold out!!!  It looks interesting, very airy. Does anyone here have any experience with this fabric!!!

I have a golden bee and an ultra breeze, both full suits. My next purchase will most likely be an ultra breeze jacket. The full suits are great when working really aggressive bees but in most cases a jacket and veil is all one needs. I discussed the need for a jacket with Suzy but Bill beat her to the punch, and the ultra breeze jacket looks very nice.

If I were pinned down to a recommendation it would lean toward the ultra breeze jacket with veil, in fact Annette, get the ultra breeze jacket, you will not regret it.

Oh, as for the material, its a little heavy but breatheable, both suits allow for air to flow through them cause they're made with different layers of mesh.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 07:24:50 pm »
I left it hanging all day in the sunporch but it still reeks of cigarettes.  I'm going to wash it to get the cigarette smell out of it - I want it to smell fresh and new just like it looks!!!  I didn't put anything about the smell on my blog because I didn't want it to look bad for Suzy when I was really giving her a plug, but I don't think something new should arrive smelling like it is soaked in smoke....and not the bee smoker kind.

Linda T in Atlanta

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 12:56:46 am »
Mine just smells strongly of sweat... :)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 01:32:23 am »
Now that's what I'd like from mine - some sweat and bee smoker smoke - who knows - spring is just around the corner and I can't wait to try it out and make it smell like it's mine!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Linda T thrilled to have the suit

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 01:33:38 am »
PS BTW, Michael, I told her that I was buying the suit sight unseen because you are such a fan.

LT

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 07:42:08 am »
How's this for "Ultra Breeze" bee suit....

I know we've seen this before but I couldn't help it!  lol

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 11:58:55 am »
That might be all you can get as the whole suit is totally sold out!!! 

Magnet-man is a member here,  maybe he can give us an update on availability.  Or just PM him if your interested in getting one right now.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline winenutguy

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 06:59:36 pm »
I have one coming for Christmas!  I married a great Santa's helper!  Winenutguy.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 01:54:25 pm »
Hey Sean, looks like Johnny before the tattoos!   :evil:  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 07:19:51 pm »
Magnet Man has a Jacket also.  That's what I want to try now...
-------------------

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 08:49:41 pm »
I just pmed Bill about this post and I will be most likely ordering a jacket from him soon, myself.

...JP

Offline magnet-man

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • New Bee
    • Honeymoon Apiaries
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 11:04:03 am »
Tillie, go ahead and wash it on gentle with cold water and that should get the smell out. The material can actually take hot if you really want to get propollis out. I have been doing testing with the materials to see how the hold up to repeated washing in hot water and drying in a dryer.

As far as my inventory of Ultra Breeze suits it is currently limited to Large, XL and XXL. I don't have enough inventory where I feel comfortable placing a buy it now button on my web site. I like to be able to ship a suit or jacket within 48 hours.

There are a couple of differences between the two suits though.
1. The Ultra Breeze fabric is slightly more ventilated than the GoldenBee.
2. The pockets on the Ultra Breeze is made of the ventilated fabric. This was done based on feedback from commercial beekeepers. I started to get second orders with the request that the cotton panels on the front be removed and make the pockets ventilated. The hive tool pocket is a canvas material though.
3. The Ultra Breeze has zippers all the way up the legs. This allows you to easily put the suit on without taking off your boots. you can also zip the top of the zipper down to get to your regular pants pocket.
4. The veil is very transparent and you can easily see eggs and very young larvae. You can also see out of the veil in the dark. This is important to the migratory beekeepers because they often load and unload trucks in the dark. You can also have the veil repaired for $15.
5. It is a lot easier to flip the veil behind you neck because the Ultra Breeze uses a two way zipper like most beesuits.
6. Sizing on the Ultra Breeze is standardized. This allows you to exchange a new suit that doesn't fit properly for the next size up or down. Just email me and ship it back and a requested size will be shipped out free of charge. Custom sizes are available but always recommend that people try the standard size first. That way they can say the large was perfect but I need an inch added to the sleeves because I have extra long arms.
7. They come smoke free.

I only have the old style suit posted on my web site. I will try to get current pictures posted next week.

www.honeymoonapiaries.com
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 10:15:20 am by magnet-man »

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 11:54:26 am »
looking forward to buying a pollinator. Boy it can get hot doing removals, and the need to move around tight corners makes a full suit just too darn cumbersome. The few stings you get through pants is not worth the extra protection, ventilation...ahhhhhhh!
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 06:09:35 pm »

I will have the moderator post my web site.

Hey, Mods, I think it's safe to let Bill just post his own photos  :)