Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Kelly 200-p extractor owners manual  (Read 1708 times)

Offline mc1960

• New Bee
Kelly 200-p extractor owners manual
« on: June 27, 2015, 01:54:19 pm »
A friend of mine let me borrow his dads Kelley 200-p extractor. When I got it home the cage would not spin so I disabled it and cleaned and freed all of the bearings, and will but food grade grease in them before putting everything back together. I was wanting an owners manual so that I could make sure everything was put back in the proper order, I called Kelley today to see if they had an owners manual online somewhere or could send me one. They called back later and told me that they didn't and to call back Monday to talk with the guys in the shop and they could talk me thru it. I also have questions about if or how to slow it down in the beginning of the extraction process, there is a wing nut on the side and I am thinking if I back it off some it will let the arbor slip to slow it down but I don't know. Does anyone know of a source somewhere that I can get an actual owners manual for this extractor, or offer some advise. Thanks MC

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Kelly 200-p extractor owners manual
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 12:27:01 pm »
MC,
I had a problem a few weeks ago with my ML 9/18. It would turn but very slowly with a little honey in the tub. First I checked the motor out and found the bushings were cut wrong, cut on an angle, not flat. Only a little bit of one side on each bushing were touching. I used a piece of long skinny sand paper wrapped half way around the rotor to re-cut them. It still was still slow. Then I saw that the basket had dropped on the shaft. The tips hanging down were touching the honey even with the drain gate wide open. We raised it back up and tightened it up and it is now working as well as ever. Check the basket setting before putting it back together.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

anything