Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Easter Lamb & PEEPS! =)  (Read 12063 times)

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
Easter Lamb & PEEPS! =)
« on: April 11, 2009, 06:09:45 pm »
Happy Easter all!

We received a little surprise in the form of a ram lamb (Icelandic sheep) on Good Friday.  Pics are at about 2hrs old.

Blessings,
Dane

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:01:17 pm by Dane Bramage »

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
Re: Easter Lamb
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 06:18:36 pm »
Oh how sweet, congratulations on the new addition.

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 06:19:34 pm »
Looks delicious!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 12:15:41 am »
Oh how sweet that lamb looks.  Just love those photos.

So you have quite a farm out there uh Dane??

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 01:31:52 am »
Thx Natalie!  :)

SgtMaj ~> you bad!  (I lol'd)

Thx annette!  I've got a little farm; bees, sheep, chickens & some gardening.   8-)

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 01:38:26 am »
Owning a piece of land, raising animals, gardening and keeping bees. All things that are good for the soul.
You are very blessed.

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 06:00:59 pm »
Owning a piece of land, raising animals, gardening and keeping bees. All things that are good for the soul.
You are very blessed.

Thanks Natalie.  Blessed indeed!  I give thanks every day.   :)

Here's some Easter Peeps for this thread.  Road Isle Red x Plymouth Barred Rock pullets (aka "black sex-link") @ ~ 1 week old

Cheers,
Dane

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
Re: Easter Lamb & PEEPS! =)
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 09:28:51 pm »

Yum?  Maybe not.

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 10:18:54 pm »
Yum?  Maybe not.
:-X
heh - thinking more along the lines of ~>

@ 3-4/day in ~ 5 months or so.  :-D

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 10:41:01 pm »
Very cool Dane,  Yes black sex links are quite the layers.  Nice lamb, we have goats (Nigerian Dwarfs), no kids yet... :( but looking forward to it later on.  Thanks for the pics.

David

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 01:19:26 am »
Dane he is a beautiful little lamb!  Looks so content in the pictures!  Those blk sexlinks turn out to be very pretty birds, shimmery blue & green highlights & copper on the necks. Mine are very friendly & nosey too!  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 06:11:52 am »
I kinda figured that's where you were headed with it.   :-D

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 09:50:52 am »
Dane, that little lamb fellow is very cool. How many do you want to keep? My wife wants chickens now. A friend has two and he gets about 12 eggs a week.

You have a lot going on at your place Dane.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 02:45:16 pm »
My wife wants chickens now. a friend has two and he gets about 12 eggs a week.
...JP

JP, hee, haw!!!  And you thought you were under the spell of the honeybee, you ain't seen nuthin' yet, wait until you get those birds.....beautiful days in this great life, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 02:01:48 am »
JP Cindi is right, they are just so funny!  fresh eggs are to die for, dark yolks, cook up perfectly with lots of flavor.  Cindi,those duck eggs make a mean custard!  I love my little EE's cause the colors are all so different.  This time og a couple blue wheaton color, 1 has almost a silvery head.  Also a grey with dark brown, very interesting.  Can't tell which are roo's yet if any.  Baby Huey (the poult) is doing great. Still not much larger than the chix but not near as feattherd out.  He (she?) &  MissGinny talk with each other, my 2 little freaks! Can't wait for the Welsummers & Marans to lay..those eggs will be so pretty mixed in! Dane, that lamb should be pronking all over by now!  My little goats were trying to climb & jump off the feed bucket at 3 hrs old!  They are a joy to watch,so full of life, everything is new & to be dumped, explored, stompled & chewed on!  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 11:49:13 am »
Hi & thanks for the replies all!  Sorry for the delay - been way bzzzzy here!  We added another baby lamb from our other girl.  Adorable!  I'll get pics and vids up ASAP.  We've got 70's to 80's the next few days here.  It's been a real disappointing (cold & wet) Spring so far.  Now everything is blooming at once; maples, cherries, pear, apple, blueberries, dandelions, clover, etc. ,etc., EVERYTHING (well, all the first blooms).  I'm doing splits over the next few days & will be back soon.  :)

Very cool Dane,  Yes black sex links are quite the layers.  Nice lamb, we have goats (Nigerian Dwarfs), no kids yet... :( but looking forward to it later on.  Thanks for the pics.

David

Thanks David.  I had read that these chicks are quite the layers, and throughout all seasons (even in cold winter climates).  Heterosis (Hybrid vigor) and all that.  8-)  Are you expecting kids from your Nigerians soon?  This was the first season for ours.  They'll likely twin next time round.

Dane he is a beautiful little lamb!  Looks so content in the pictures!  Those blk sexlinks turn out to be very pretty birds, shimmery blue & green highlights & copper on the necks. Mine are very friendly & nosey too!  J

Hehehe - thx pokabee!  Wait until you see the white badger-face lamb.. wow!  You've got the same breed chicks eh?  Cool.  I was originally going to get Black Australorps but could not locate any available locally.  I'm glad that these black sex-links will end up looking pretty as well (the Australorps sound very gorgeous).  &, you are right, the brown mouflon lamb (now 1 week old) has crazy legs!  Especially when he's been snoozing or distracted and suddenly realizes his mum is far way!  :shock: ~Boing~ he bounces and bucks and runs to her, the milk-wagon.  ;)

I kinda figured that's where you were headed with it.   :-D
Yeah - a little patience is a virtue SgtMaj!  No deep fried pullet chicks here!  hahaha  :-P

Dane, that little lamb fellow is very cool. How many do you want to keep? My wife wants chickens now. a friend has two and he gets about 12 eggs a week.
You have a lot going on at your place Dane.
...JP
Thanks JP.  I know I've already mentioned it several times this post but, the newest addition is super cute as well.  The little brown ram lamb sure is showing character already.  Head-butted the cat!  hahaha... I'm hoping I can catch a vid of him making these goofy (but too cute) expressions.  I think he's teething.  The mouth movements are funny! 
I'll probably only keep the three I started with before next winter sets in. 
That's a good output from your friends chickens and about what I've read I should expect; 1 EGG/DAY/CHICK

A lot going on?  It's the land of milk and honey my friend!  Sounds much better than "the land of bees and sheep" and when you just omit all the work involved!  ha!
~~~~

Cheers,
Dane

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 12:00:00 pm »
Fantastic Scott, and thanks for the update. Looking forward to pics of the new one.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 12:03:47 pm »
Jody, smiling, so that little mystery chick did turn out to be a turkey eh?  Huey, love that name.  Make a post about what is going on at your place, I wanna hear more stuff, beautiful day in our great life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 12:07:49 pm »
Dane, beautiful little lamb, they always look like they are smiling, I love that, I love the little chicks too, cool.  My chicks are almost a month old, I remember them looking like that.  Have a most wonderful and awesome day, health.  Cindi

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 11:15:57 pm »
Dane, beautiful little lamb, they always look like they are smiling, I love that, I love the little chicks too, cool.  My chicks are almost a month old, I remember them looking like that.  Have a most wonderful and awesome day, health.  Cindi

Thanks Cindi!  :)

<whew> (exhausting day!)  :-P  Here's the promised pics of the 2nd adorable one... (I just couldn't resist trying to capture some images).   Lamb is 2 days old.

With mum (almost a clone of her!)

Shy one (& mum is extra protective!)

Getting sleepy (now's my chance to get some close-ups!)

Cutest creature in creation!  hahaha

More soon!

Cheers,
Dane