Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Honey Super Cell 9-1/8"x4.9mm fully drawn frames  (Read 7035 times)

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Honey Super Cell 9-1/8"x4.9mm fully drawn frames
« on: March 26, 2005, 10:15:31 am »
Honey Super Cell is now taking provisional orders on their website for the fully drawn 4.9 frames.  Looks like they plan to start shipment on May 1st.

These will hopefully be a great means for 1 step regression.  I just put my name on the list, and if you have interest, I would suggest the same.  I don't know what their production capabilities are,  but I do anticipate the intial demand will be quite high.

By the way, this is not meant as an advertisement, but more of an FYI for those toying with the idea of small cell.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 10:27:55 am »
Do you have to register to view everything? I couldn't find the cost of the things.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 10:30:25 am »
I don't think the price is listed yet, but I recall someone on the forum reporting a quote of about $3.30ish.

I did register, and didn't see anything more.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline thegolfpsycho

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 10:51:58 am »
I added my name as well.  I still think it will take several years on small cell before we can declare it the winner, but the thought of drawing and redrawing all that wax in multistep regressions was making me ill.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 10:57:49 am »
Quote from: thegolfpsycho
I still think it will take several years on small cell before we can declare it the winner, but the thought of drawing and redrawing all that wax in multistep regressions was making me ill.

I agree,  I've been futzin with it for a couple years now, and have not been able to regress a single hive, for one reason or another.  It can be a very meticulous process.   I'm hoping this will greatly reduce the pain.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 01:03:46 am »

I added my name as well. I still think it will take several years on small cell before we can declare it the winnner.

I've had mine on small cell for several years, so I'll declare it the winner.  :)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Lesli

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 08:30:05 am »
Quote from: Michael Bush

I've had mine on small cell for several years, so I'll declare it the winner.  :)

I'm pretty psyched about starting my small cell adventure this spring--only a couple of weeks and I get my small cell bees.

One of my neighbors thinks he has a bee tree on his property. I went to look, but it was too cold for anyone to be flying. I'm hoping we have a warm day while there's still snow on the ground, since I figure one of the easiest ways to spot a bee tree is signs of cleansing flights on the snow. :)

Trying some bee lining is another thing I want to try. After the bee club talk about ferals in Arnot Forest, I have a hope that here in the "holler" we might have a few, too.

It occurs to me... my crazy dog likes to eat bees. I wonder if I could train him to sniff out hives? :)
Lesli

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 12:35:22 pm »
I bet you could teach your dog to find hives. One of the best ways to train a dog is to use the things they naturally do. I trained my dog to speak on command because he was a barker. After being trained to speak on command, he usually only barked when asked to.

Do you know some good methods for training? If you don't, I could give you some tips. Just PM me if you have any questions.

Beth

Offline leominsterbeeman

• House Bee
    • http://www.leominsterbeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 06:34:37 pm »
$2.30 each for the first 29 frames.  

Seems like a good way to get a boost on brood  and honey production too.    When I purchased my first hive it came with ANP comb - fully drawn plastic cells.  But the queen bee didn't like it as much  and when I added fully drawn wax, she only used the wax comb.  

The ANP comb had much thicker cell walls and I would bet that there would be less brood on a frame of ANP than on drawn wax.  

So I guess if you are going to go with these new frames, make a colony of the same type.  and not mix them with drawn wax frames.
Michael Keane
leominsterbeeman@comcast.net
http://www.leominsterbeeman.com

Offline thegolfpsycho

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2005, 05:40:27 pm »
This product appears to have been pushed back to May 13.

Offline thegolfpsycho

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 04:46:33 pm »
I visited their site again.  You can go all the way through the order process, but then it tells you it is not in stock..   hmmmmmmmmm

Offline dcwilliams_29id

• New Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 09:40:29 am »
I called and spoke with them yesterday.  They are still having mold problems, and are not sure when they are going to get it resolved.  The actual molds are being made in China. I wouldn't look to get actual product until early next year.

Chris

anything