Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from the WV panhandle  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Rufa

• New Bee
Greetings from the WV panhandle
« on: February 13, 2009, 03:18:10 pm »
Hi everyone,

BjornBee referred me to this forum to get in the loop. Here I am.

After doing a few months of book learning, and getting a little hands-on instruction from a beekeeper in the Shenandoah Valley, I started keeping bees about a year ago. I learned a lot. And by that I mean, I made a LOT of mistakes.

This year, my wife and I are taking our one year old son and moving to Frederick, Maryland from Berkeley Springs, West Virginia. My beekeeping equipment is technically owned by a non-profit religious group, at a farm in southern Pennsylvania. I had the bright idea to take on the project, and got people to donate start-up money. Now I'm looking for two things: some packaged bees to restart a couple of hives, and someone to take on the responsibility while I help out. If I don't find those two things, the bee project is getting sidelined for a year or two.

Either way, I'm happy to be here and learn something before I kill any more bees.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Greetings from the WV panhandle
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 08:02:44 pm »
Hello and Welcome Rufa
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 01:21:29 pm »
Rufa welcome to our forum, so nice that you have found us.  Good luck with your move, good luck with finding someone to help with your two requests, I am sure things will work out nicely for you.  Stick around, here we can help you to learn more about beekeeping, this can be a place where you can express yourself and tell your stories, tales, experiences and make some new friends.  Have a wonderful and great day, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 08:28:23 am »
Hello Rufa. Glad you made it.

I hope you find the help and answers your looking for.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Dimmsdale

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 01:29:01 pm »
Another PanHandle BeeKeeper here.  My name is Darren and I just started a hive in Berkeley Springs WV.  I'm already obsessed with these bees.  What a great hobby!