Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: You ain't a gonna believe this one.  (Read 13943 times)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
You ain't a gonna believe this one.
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2005, 09:14:47 am »
Go ahead. Threaten me with chocolate. I ain't sayin' nuttin'.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline firetool

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2005, 12:40:56 pm »
It is a late April fouls joke.

All joking aside, we did got to Brownfield. When we got there and called the owner he said the bees had been taken care of. If we did not start laoughing about it we would have cried about it. So we thought we would let you laough to.

Brian :lol:

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2005, 12:46:55 pm »
Awww. You wimp.  :lol:

Hey my first post was all true, except the part about loaded for bear. This really wasn't planned except for when we remembered we for got the cameras, then there was something mentioned about telling a fish story.

So I started with out discussing it with Brian just to see which way he would go with it. Did leave message on his machine that I would cover his back. Then when he came up with the snake part I had to figure out how to top that one. Guess I didn't top it  how ever.

But Brian did get bees Monday. And with out further ado, here is that story.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline firetool

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2005, 01:10:33 pm »
thanks for the entro there Jerry. I wis it was some grand story but it was pretty plane. I got back to the house and the farmer that had the bees in the weel had called and wanted me to get them this evening. I could not do the evening,I said I could come now. He said let him call the guyies thatraise the well and see if they could do it or not. We played phone tag for about five minutes. Then he tells me its a go. I head down there and they are waiting on me to get there. So i get set upby the well. this is when I releasise that my son is whereing sandles. So he does not get to help me and is very disapointed. He is just Nine years old and loved to help me with the bees.
 So we got ready and they start raising the well up and the worst thing happens that could. I see a big old piece of comb coming loose. I was over by the hive box that I was going to put them into. When I saw this happening I srambuled to grab it,even though the guy told me not to reach undr it untill the brake was put on. I had to try you know. I failed,they fell down the well shaft about 140 ft deep. This worried me a lot. I looked at each comb very carefully the rest of the time. I never saw the Queen, the piece of comb that fell looked like it had brood on it to. I got two frames of brood any how but no queen.
 Later on that evening we returned to find that all the bees where in the box. So I sealed it up and loaded it.
I am not able to get anouther queen right now so I just combined the two hives together. I Used the news paper trick it seames to be working good. I now have a super strong hive  now.

You do have to admitted though that Jerry and I make a good team. We did not work out any of it we just played it by eye or eye if you like.We should have a area where we can unlesh our creative sides.Like anouther page. So others can come for a good laugh or two.

Brian

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2005, 01:36:41 pm »
I ain't believing anything from you two without pictures :lol:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline firetool

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2005, 01:39:52 pm »
We where afraid if that From now on we will see if it is fictional or real at the begining

Brian

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2005, 02:33:38 pm »
You two did great with the story. LOL It did give me a good laugh. :)

And I most surely should have known that it was all a Texas tale coming from Jerry. You seem like the prankster/playful type.

Bravo! Well Done! 8) Jerry...... even though Brian got the most talk over his snake part, I laughed bunches over your part.

Beth

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2005, 03:08:00 pm »
Yeah. I told Brian it was a shame he killed the snake. We could have really made a story out of catching it and it getting loose in the vehicle.

Offline Barny

• House Bee
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2005, 05:57:54 pm »
Great story!

Offline AdmiralD

• House Bee
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2005, 10:02:41 pm »
What?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?   That was a MADE UP STORY??????!!!!!!:shock:

Oh, you had me going! :evil:

I am with Robo on this one...I ain't gonna believe you guys without pictures now...... :roll:  

Still, it was a good story....for a story....  :wink:

Offline Apis629

• Field Bee
    • A Hobbyist's Beekeeping Adventures
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2005, 10:10:17 pm »
There's just one thing that could have made the story better...make the bees either Africanized (Apis scutalata) or German Black Bees (Apis mellifera mellifera).  All in all, an exelent story, made even better by the fact that I tought it was true! :lol:

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2005, 11:04:22 pm »
Quote from: thegolfpsycho
It reminds me of the time I had to grapple the sasquatch while catching a swarm!!  So there I was...........heheheheheheh

We have never grappled
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"