Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Anymore Irish Here.....  (Read 2184 times)

Greywulff

Anymore Irish Here.....
« on: October 23, 2008, 12:21:15 pm »
Just wondering was there any more Paddies posting here, would have a lot in common regarding bee's, weather, mite problems, Nuc purchase, Equipment Suppliers etc....

Up the Irish

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Anymore Irish Here.....
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 12:51:29 pm »
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,1339.0.html

looks like there are 5 of you here, don't know how active the rest are though, you may want to visit their profiles

ireland   (5)
   Jenny Craven: Ireland
   Ericnwicklow: wicklow Ireland
   A Bee Sea: Waterford, Ireland
   Cathal: Dublin, Ireland.
   Greywulff: Ireland
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Greywulff

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 03:21:00 pm »
Thanks Robo sad turn out though nearest one seems to be over 125 miles from me. Ah well.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 11:38:00 pm »
If you have a place I can stay I will gladly move :)

The question then becomes should I bring the wife.:)

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 07:25:11 pm »
we are transplants although i was born in the USA.  Irish, English and a little French.  mixed languages, accents, and confusing family dinners :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 09:30:51 pm »
I was born in England.
But my dads mothers maiden name was McGillick. I'm Polish, Irish, English, German, and French. I'm sorry about bending your thread but I just cant help myself......On my mothers side, I'm related to George Washingtons wife, Martha...I think Marthas mothers name was Custus....Also, on the same side of the family I'm related to Wild Bill Hickok. On my dads side of the family things got lost for awhile. My dads dad went into the army under the assumed name Hansen, as he was running from the law, but we dont know why. When he got out of the Army he took back his real name, Michonski. I found out a few years ago that my last name means,"Michael the Landowner". I also found out that the book,"Poland" by Michener was based on my relatives from Poland. Its a fiction book but Michener interviewed  a Michonski family to create the story. I never read the book though....Its about 4 inches thick with little words,
and when I started to read it it was kinda "Dry".
So there ya go......
If you want me to be Irish, Greywolf, I will!       :)

your friend,
john

Greywulff

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 07:02:42 am »
Wow, interesting stuff there guys. But was looking for people living in Ireland who keep bee's, suppose I started the post wrong. Don't have to be of Irish decent.

Don't let me stop ya been Irish we rock especially when there's a  "Flow of Guinness" on.......

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 09:07:44 pm »
 No Greywolf, you started the post perfectly clear. I'm sorry for butting in like that, but I tend to be simple minded most the time and get in the way of original subject matter.
 I'm going to find you a beekeeper in Ireland now....It might take me awhile but I'll give it a shot!

your friend,
john