Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from North Central Florida!  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Shellyg8r

• New Bee
Hi from North Central Florida!
« on: May 28, 2011, 09:17:53 pm »
Hi!  I'm Shelly and I'm a new-bee from Gainesville, Florida.  Currently we have 6 hives that are about a month old.  We recently attended Bee College at the University of Florida and are thoroughly enjoying our new hobby.  I LOVE watching the girls do their thing!  As a soap maker, I am looking forward to not only having honey, but also harvesting bees wax for my soaps.  Thanks for letting me join.  I'm so looking forward to learning from all of you!  If anyone has any soap questions, I'll try my best to be helpful!!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:01:09 pm by Shellyg8r »

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Hi from North Central Florida!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 09:51:44 pm »
Welcome! How 'bout them Gators!!!!! I met my lovely bride in Gatorville while we were both attending school up there in the '80s. We both have family up that way too. Glad to see you found us :)

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Shellyg8r

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 10:03:13 pm »
Thanks for the welcome!  We do love our Gators!! 

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 10:07:26 pm »
Welcome! How 'bout them Gators!!!!! I met my lovely bride in Gatorville while we were both attending school up there in the '80s. We both have family up that way too. Glad to see you found us :)

Scott

In the '80s?

Man, you're old! I wasn't even born yet!   :lau: :lau: :lau: