Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Forum newbee in Central IL  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Jingles

• New Bee
Forum newbee in Central IL
« on: March 31, 2008, 01:39:05 pm »
Good Morning!

I have one hive and I'm hoping to expand this year. This is only my third year, and all is well. I'm full of questions, now, so I'm VERY glad to have found this forum!

Love, Marla

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: Forum newbee in Central IL
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 01:44:50 pm »
Wow Marla

You have gone along with only one hive and have made it work. The hive really must be doing good.

Welcome to this wonderful bee forum where you will get lots of help and encouragment with anything that may come up with the bees (even help with other things in your life as well!!!)

It is a great crew of people here all willing to come to the rescue very quickly. Believe me I know because I am always having some sort of crisis with the bees.

I started with one hive the first year and then split my hive last year and now have two hives. I just love taking care of these little creatures.

Good luck along the way and lets hear how things are going

Sincerely
Annette from Placerville California

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 12:41:36 am »
Marla, excellent, welcome to our forum.  You will truly find that this is the greatest of places to bring on your questions, as many as your heart desires, there could even be hundreds (hee, hee).  Remembering that no question is ever considered dumb or irrelevant and will recieve answers.

You are doing well with the bees that you have, yeah!!!  Keep on working hard, learning, and taking good care of those bees.  Welcome.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, lovin' this life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 05:04:29 am »
Hello Jingles!

Welcome to a great place to learn about bees!

Are you connected with any bee clubs in Illinois?
http://66.235.211.138/~isbausaa/index.affiliate.htm
I've found being connected with other beekeepers has helped me immensely. Much of beekeeping is very "local", and it helps having a mentor and/or some nearby beeks.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum!

Offline Jingles

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 10:59:04 am »
Thanks, everybody!

Yes, I just joined HOI Beekeepers this year. They helped me get started back in 2005. I went to a few of their meetings. What wonderful, nice people!!

Love, Marla

anything