Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Howdy from East Tennessee!  (Read 3632 times)

Offline JWW

• New Bee
Howdy from East Tennessee!
« on: February 28, 2006, 04:14:08 pm »
Good Afternoon/Morning!
I'm brand new to beekeeping :? . I have already learned  a great deal from all of you from perusing your answers/questions, Thanks!

I'm sure that I will have many questions in the near future so please be patient.

Thanks again!
John :D
"Everybody has a story, take a moment to listen"

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Howdy from East Tennessee!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 04:27:49 pm »
Quote from: JWW
I'm sure that I will have many questions in the near future so please be patient.

We're very impatient,  don't make us wait,  ask now!

:wink:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 06:24:52 pm »
Hi John:

Welcome aboard, and when those question come, I know you'll find plenty of opions here to help you form LOGICAL ideas based on a few thousand combined years of experience :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline JWW

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 07:33:23 pm »
Thank you all for the welcome!

I have it all figured out, at least until the bees get here, then I will be burning this keyboard up and wearing out my typing fingers (both of them).

I have not gotten through all topics yet but I have already learned a huge amount that wasn't quite covered in the books. I will be relying on all of that experience and hopefully add some years experience myself someday.

John

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 07:41:32 pm »
John:

That's one FUN THING about beekeeping, you can actually do the hobby Virtually (in a mannor of speaking) by watching the cycle of posts here in the forum, you know when people ORDER, INSTALL, INSPECT, TREAT, HARVEST HONEY, ETC.. You get to compare OTHER climates to your own, both normal and extreme seasonal variations - and even if you only keep bees a season or two, the urge to get back is the hobby is almost irrestible once you see a beautiful long blossoming Spring and know that you could have had a great prolific growth in your hive, etc..

Have fun here, check out the other forums too - lots to occupy your time besides bee stuff, I'm into the Zen part of our existance and enjoy pondering the meaning of life both here and likely else where in this big-old Universe we are so blessed to be a part of :)

Again, welcome.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline pstock44

• Brood
Re: Howdy from East Tennessee!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 10:12:27 am »
Where in Eastern TN do you live. I am in Jacksboro, just north of Knoxville.

Phil

Quote from: JWW
Good Afternoon/Morning!
I'm brand new to beekeeping :? . I have already learned  a great deal from all of you from perusing your answers/questions, Thanks!

Thanks again!
John :D

Offline JWW

• New Bee
Hello Phil!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 11:59:32 am »
Good Morning Phil!

I live up in Johnson City in Washington County. I've lived here all of my life. We're about 80-90 miles apart I'd say.

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have experience which I do not but I have already learned an enormous amount from going through the forum. I am still waiting on my first package of bees. I ordered through a local Beekeepers store and due to the weather I'm really glad they aren't here yet.

They say that here in East Tennessee if you don't like the weather just wait 15 minutes and it will change!

Good Luck!
John