Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: April 2008 Entries...  (Read 38473 times)

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
April 2008 Entries...
« on: April 08, 2008, 11:14:24 pm »
April entries are now open so get to posting.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: April 2008 Entries...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 11:43:18 pm »

Above is the beach at Lake Tahoe

Above is another view of the Lake same day

There was a Tibetan festival going on that day and I took numerous photos of the peace flags

Hope you enjoy
Annette

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 11:52:49 pm »
Do people live in those houses?

your friend,
john

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 11:55:38 pm »
I actually do not know what that is for but it is not a house for living. It was part of the park we were at. They had numerous buildings like that one.

Offline talkingamoeba

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 11:58:19 pm »
Hello, just want to share one I really like

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 11:59:34 pm »
I like that one also.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 10:10:32 am »
A picture recently of the Golden Ears mountains, as I drive up our road going northward, I see these mountains each day, soon the snow will be gone.

The mud flats that are to the southeast of the Stave River dam.  There is a really neat recreation area (picnic area) down there and this is a place where I will be taking my Grandsons, Neice and Nephews for lots of picnics this summer.  I am patiently awaiting those beautiful and long dog days of summer, that I know for surely will soon come. Have a most beautiful, wonderful day, lovin' this life we all share and live. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 01:05:25 pm »
Beautiful photos guys! Annette - that beach is wonderful!

Here's one I took while on a snow camp out with the Boy Scouts:

Click on the image to see others

Regards,

Scott

Offline DennisB

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 02:29:23 pm »
Wow, all of you guys live in such beautiful places. Thanks for sharing those images with us. As for the picture by talkingamoeba, it certainly gives a warm fuzzy inside. Almost like a pet!

Keep up the good work

DennisB

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 11:02:24 pm »
Utah,
 That is really something!!
 At first glance it looks like a volcano explosion!
 How do you guys make the pics be full pics instead of thumbnails?

your friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 09:55:25 am »
John, the reason that the forum likes thumbnails is because some people don't know how to resize images so that they are under 100 kb.  If the images are in a higher resolution (over 100 kb), it is extremely difficult and time consuming for members to view pictures, who have a slower connection to the internet.  With the thumbnails, anyone can download the pictures quickly.  Any pictures that I post I resize before I upload them to imageshack, they are resized from 3.5 MB to about 50 kb or so, depending on the data in the picture.

If the images are under 100 kb, then you can use imageshack and click on the window that is below your picture in that program, it says "hotlinks to forum 1".  Then copy and paste as you would for thumbnails.  The pictures will be in full size.  Also at the same time in that hotlink to forum 1 window I unclick the box that says "show details".   So many people don't properly resize the pictures to a compatible size for ease of uploading, that is why thumbnails is suggested.  HOpe this helps.  If you need, I have a document that I typed that explains indepth both sequence of picture posting.  Beautiful day in our great life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 10:39:45 am »
Annette, beauties.

Scott, what an interesting picture and simply amazing, don't ya just wonder sometimes how the clouds can open like that?  Beautiful day in this most wonderful life we lead.  Cindi

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 12:47:04 am »
Annette, beauties.

Scott, what an interesting picture and simply amazing, don't ya just wonder sometimes how the clouds can open like that?  Beautiful day in this most wonderful life we lead.  Cindi

Definitely!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 01:06:17 am »
Scott, amazing photo you have there. Just love it.

Annette

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 01:06:47 am »
annette, there used to be a lot of rental cabins and winter boat houses up there.  looks like that might have been one of the old boat houses.  we used to stay in a place that had an old coal burning stove and horrible chain link type foundation for the mattress on the bed.  beautiful place and we were young enough to endure the pain and cold  :-).  great pictures all.  
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2008, 01:07:31 am »
Cindi,

You live in such a beautiful area. Such peaceful photos. Thanks for sharing.

Have a wonderful weekend
annette

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2008, 02:12:27 pm »
Kathy, ha!!!  I have slept in some pretty hideous beds too, youth has no cares.  Beautiful day in this great life.  Cindi

Offline Miss Pepper

• New Bee
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 04:51:22 pm »
Hm...  I tried to post a picture, but it told me that I don't have enough posts to be allowed to post a link.  Maybe I'll try again when I have more.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 07:52:43 pm »
Hey miss pepper!
the delay in posting pics is normal...I went thru it myself and was disappointed, and thought that the forums were a little too private for me( I thought it "Cliqueish", at first) to post pics and do PM's. Beemaster John explained to me TWICE why I couldnt do what i wanted to do.I just couldnt get it thru my thick head!...Now that I've been here awhile, I understand WHY it works this way!...It will be no time till you can do other fancy stuff here, along with pictures!
 These precautions are a big reason that Beemaster really IS the number 1 bee forum!

your friend,
john

Offline Miss Pepper

• New Bee
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 07:23:42 pm »
Ok, lets see if I can do this...  Sticking with the April theme, this is a pictuer I took last April of one of our cherry trees.

anything