Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New here (KY)...  (Read 3423 times)

Offline Titus

• House Bee
New here (KY)...
« on: April 06, 2009, 02:36:15 pm »
Hello

I've been gathering info here for the last month or so and its been a great help.  I get my bees in 2 weeks and this is my first time keeping bees. 

Thanks
Titus
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:43:06 pm by Titus »

Offline Mairzy_doats

• House Bee
Re: New here...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 02:41:31 pm »
From one newbee to another, welcome! My favorite tool is the search bar.....you learn lots, and I find it educational to lurk :-D

Goin' to the Derby this year?  :)

~mary

Offline Titus

• House Bee
Re: New here...
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 02:47:19 pm »
Thanks, that search box has answered about every question I have thought of so far :)
No, I haven't been to derby in a few years and that was just the "infield thing", dont think I can keep up with them anymore ;)

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: New here (KY)...
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 09:16:21 pm »
Hello and Welcome Titus
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 07:25:43 am »
Hello and Welcome!

I'm sure you'll find this forum a great source of information. Looks like you're already familiar with the 'search' function, which is one of my favorite features.

Are you involved with a local beekeeping club? Clubs are good places to find mentors and get connected with nearby beeks.
http://www.kyagr.com/statevet/bees/association/index.htm
I enjoyed meeting many Kentucky beekeepers two summers ago at HAS in Frankfort.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 08:26:43 am »
Welcome to the forum - I often wonder why people LURK sometimes for months and months - thought maybe you'd answer that for me. Just something I'd be interested to know.

I have thought about making SEVERAL of the forums UNAVAILABLE to GUESTS - giving them incentive to join, but the back lash is, there are several NON-BEEKEEPING topics that interest guests to join.

Anyway, any imput is helpful, I may write a post or create a poll that questions why people lurk long before joining - I see that phrase a lot these days.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 09:12:16 am »
When I found Beemasters it took about 5 minutes to join up this place is GREAT
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Titus

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 11:34:50 am »
Welcome to the forum - I often wonder why people LURK sometimes for months and months - thought maybe you'd answer that for me. Just something I'd be interested to know.

I have thought about making SEVERAL of the forums UNAVAILABLE to GUESTS - giving them incentive to join, but the back lash is, there are several NON-BEEKEEPING topics that interest guests to join.

Anyway, any imput is helpful, I may write a post or create a poll that questions why people lurk long before joining - I see that phrase a lot these days.

I was getting bee info from several other places on the net as well as beemaster.  Finally decided I should join as I'm sure I'll need more help in the future and this was the place where I was finding most of the answers to my questions that had already been asked by others. 
I'm already on several other forums that deal with other things (chickens, hunting, etc), so I didn't want to join if I didn't think it would be a site that I use often.  Turns out, I do use it often. 
Anyway thanks to all that have helped answer questions and didn't even know it ;)
Titus

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 11:44:20 am »
Titus, welcome to our forum, that is wonderful that you have found us.  This will be a place the you can share your life with us.  A place where you can learn, tell your stories, tales and experiences, make new friends. We love new members and love to listen...we are that nosey crew too, you will find that out.  Stick around.  Have that wonderfully awesome and great day, love life, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 03:40:59 pm »
welcome.  Where is shelbyvile I have relatives around Agusta KY
Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/

Offline Titus

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 04:30:16 pm »
Shelbyville is between Louisville and Frankfort on I-64 and is a BEE paradise.  I dont know anyone from Agusta.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 06:01:23 pm »
Did you ever watch that sitcom called Titus that was a great show
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 10:33:44 am »
Did you ever watch that sitcom called Titus that was a great show

Ooooh ya!!!  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Titus

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 10:47:11 am »
Sorry, I missed it.  I dont think I even saw the movie "Titus", but I'm sure it was all about me  :roll:

Offline jdpro5010

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 03:32:48 pm »
Welcome aboard Titus!  It is good to see that you already becoming fairly active in the forum.  That is how you will learn for sure, so don't be afraid to ask and answer as your opinions will matter.

anything