Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from South Texas  (Read 2068 times)

Offline SouthTexasBeeman

• Brood
Hello from South Texas
« on: March 02, 2007, 01:06:38 am »
Just wanted to tell everyone how much I have enjoyed reading all your post and catching up on what on what has been going on in the Beekeeping world. My hat is off to John (Beemaster) for his all the time he spent building this site, great work!

A little over 23 years ago my Dad had around 25 hives until someone decided to walk off with 12 of them one night. The remaining hives were killed off two weeks later due to insecticide spraying by a nearby farmer, we never replaced the hives. After finding this site and reading all your post I along with my Dad decided to get back into Beekeeping. I'm hoping my teenage son will be just as interested in Beekeping as I was many years ago. A big thank goes out to everyone that post on this site, your a great bunch.

Glenn Y
Seguin Tx

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: Hello from South Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 08:15:35 am »
Welcome to the boards.
It is amazing to me that people will steal hives. I am sorry to hear about that.
As far as getting your on into bekeeping good luck, we have a few young beekeepepers on the board also.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
Re: Hello from South Texas
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 08:42:53 am »
Welcome aboard!  There have been some hive theft in Norway too recently.  And here it is not that many beekeepers (and it must have been beekeepers that stole the hives), and still no one have been caught.  Hope you won't experience the unluck that your dad did. Good luck with your first season!

anything