Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Help with missing files  (Read 2961 times)

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
Help with missing files
« on: September 11, 2008, 06:07:11 am »
I've been trying to optimize my computer, and ran one of those freebie scan things... and it came up with a whole host of stuff to fix.  Not willing to pay them $30 for their commercial "fix-it" product, I went to work fixing the issues myself.  I worked my way through 75 other issues, and now I'm down to just 3 missing files that I can't seem to find anywhere on the web to download.  I wonder if any of you can help me out by emailing me the files if you have them.  The first two should be common enough, as they came in a security patch for MS Office... my problem with installing that patch myself is that I run works instead of office, so I'm afraid running a patch for office will only screw things up worse.  The third file I'm not so sure about, googling it in fact, comes up almost empty, but we'll see if anyone has it.  The files are:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof\msgr_en.lex
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Artgalry\ARTGALRY.CHM

I don't know what path the third one is in... but it's vbaod10.chm

If you've got one or more of them, post here which one(s) and let me know.

Offline tomfix

• Brood
Re: Help with missing files
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 07:04:37 pm »
I didn't see what version of Windows you were running.

On my XP Pro I have the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Artgalry\ARTGALRY.CHM  However I don't have C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof\msgr_en.lex  What I do have in that directory that comes closest is msgr2en.lex and msgr3en.lex (no under score)

If you are using a different version of Windows than XP Pro I wouldn't chance it though.

t

anything