Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: EVENTS AT BUD4!  (Read 5403 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
EVENTS AT BUD4!
« on: April 22, 2012, 01:24:20 pm »
JP and I have been talking about what events we will end up with at BUD4 next week and thought we'd share some with y'all.

It looks like there will be lots of cut outs this year. Anyone who wants to get into a removal will have plenty of chances! I'll be heading up to Bud's on tue and am planning on setting up a beelining hive (with Bud's say so of course) early so that the bees can orient to the new location before we try to find them :-D We're also planning on making a few splits as well for those wanting to get a leg up on splitting. Anyone who wants to learn or brush up on grafting will get a good hands-on chance on Sat (of course everything is hands-on). We'll be going through hives the whole weekend and exchanging ideas about beekeeping and talkin' bees the whole time! Another installment of "bees after dark" will be there too. We've really got a cram-packed weekend ahead of us so rest up y'all!

Anyone who can make it owes it to themselves to come. It's gonna be a blast!

It would help us out a lot if we could get an updated idea of attendance. If you plan to come please reply here!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
Re: EVENTS AT BUD4!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 03:18:44 pm »
Me + 1.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 05:20:39 pm »
Also, just to let y'all know we are still doing a small handful of raffles for items Dadant has been nice enough to donate.  In addition we will also be holding our annual honey tasting contest. So bring your honey & your honey along!  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 10:59:07 pm »
June and I will be attending. Thanks for those who helped with the motel listings, but we borrowed our son's tent and are going camping in Bud's yard.  :-D

Planning on arriving Thursday evening. See you there!

Larry

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 11:10:33 pm »
There is a very slim chance that I may be able to come down to the meeting.  I have been wanting to come to this for the past two yrs.  I hope I can but the chance is slim.

James
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

anything