Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from Florida  (Read 2308 times)

robbee

Hi from Florida
« on: December 12, 2010, 10:52:04 pm »
I live in Titusville and started in bees around May of this year. I had a swarm make home in a wire spool at work. My boss was going to call and get them killed so I stepped up and asked if I could have them. Then I found Bee source and found a beek in Palm bay that would sell me bees for a hive box I built. Then in a month or so I split that hive and the rest is history. I have 2 hives at my house that I am going to be moving to Mims in a week or two.The spool is on my property in Mims. I am going to try and get the bees out of the spool next year. Wish me luck. I am full of Questions so get ready.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Hi from Florida
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 10:59:48 pm »
Hi robbee, I'm Scott and I spoke to you a while back about helping with that spool of yours? I'm sorry that I haven't gotten back to you but I lost your # somehow. I'm glad to see you made it over here! PM me when you can and we'll get together eh?

I've still got bees in the Mims/ Scottsmoor/ Oak hill area so I'm around a good bit.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 08:19:23 pm »
Then I found Bee source and found a beek in Palm bay that would sell me bees for a hive box I built.

Oh, I get it. You found a "bee source" and the guy helped you with some bees.  ;)

Welcome to THE forum.

Hope you enjoy and learn lots.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:19:52 pm by BjornBee »
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline dennis2021

• House Bee
    • Orlando Bee Removal Expert
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 08:01:10 pm »
Hey, welcome to the forum!

Hi robbee, I'm Scott and I spoke to you a while back about helping with that spool of yours? I'm sorry that I haven't gotten back to you but I lost your # somehow. I'm glad to see you made it over here! PM me when you can and we'll get together eh?

I've still got bees in the Mims/ Scottsmoor/ Oak hill area so I'm around a good bit.

Scott

I remember you saying somthing about that spool.
Have a sweet day,
Dennis the Bee Guy

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 09:00:36 pm »
(off topic) Hey Dennis...where ya been? Thanks for the tip on the freezer but it was a no go. Merry Christmas Bro!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dennis2021

• House Bee
    • Orlando Bee Removal Expert
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 07:58:23 pm »
Sorry for thread jacking- off topic too... Been busy workin , tryin to make enough to live and do bees!!! Sorry for not stayin in touch.

BTW, My 1st hive has around 60+ lbs of honey!!! The 2nd one isn't doing well though :(
Have a sweet day,
Dennis the Bee Guy