Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Kubota L3800  (Read 3951 times)

Offline RC

• House Bee
Kubota L3800
« on: July 31, 2013, 10:03:45 pm »
Well, I done it. I pulled the trigger today on a Kubota L3800. This is the first new tractor I've ever owned.  All the others have been well used.
I've been thinking about buying one of these for a couple of years. A good mid sized tractor is very valuable around the farm. What sealed the deal was the financing offer Kubota has going on. Zero down, zero percent financing for 5 years and a $500 rebate. I can't get that deal from any bank.
It'll be delivered early next week. I'll post a picture if I can get off of it long enough to take one.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Kubota L3800
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 10:40:25 pm »
Congratulations RC. I too have always had old tractors. First one came with the farm, 53 Ferguson TO20, then a 55 Ford 2000, and I just got a 98 John Deer 2355 with a front end loader,.
I have a couple of questions if you don't mind?
How many horses is it?
Does it have a front end loader?
What is the price?
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 10:53:57 pm »
I bought a new tractor in 1976, still using it.  It's a 55 horse.  Have been thinking about calling Good Year to se if they would replace my rear tires, they are the ones that came on it new.  Been very lucky, never had a flat on the rear.  Loaned it  ONCE to a cousin, had to replace the clutch to get it home.  That was the only time anyone ever borrowed it.  You should really enjoy yours.  Have thought about a new one, but while the old one still working its  hard to.  Good luck with your new tractor.

Joe

Offline RC

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 08:28:07 am »
Hey, Jim. It's 38 horsepower. I didn't get the loader, I have a bigger tractor with one. It would have been nice to have, I just couldn't justify an extra $4500. I gave $17450 for it, with a 6' Land Pride finish mower.I bought it from South Georgia Tractor. They beat every price I found and deliver free. If it's for farm use, there is no sales tax.
Joe, I know what you mean about loaning stuff out. I've been bit a few times, too. I had to replace a tire on my front end loader after a uncle stuck a cypress knee thru the sidewall. Not too long ago, I loaned a brand new Husky 455 Rancher chain saw to a coworker. I even sent the mix gas with him and he still wound up putting regular gas in it. He never even told me he froze it up, I found out when I went to use it. Needless to say, it's hard for me to loan out anything anymore. I can't afford it.

anything