Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: lost!  (Read 8643 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
lost!
« on: February 02, 2008, 03:51:02 pm »
i love this show.  the 2 hour catch up was great.  the pop-ups drove my husband crazy, but i thought they were very funny and well done.  the first episode makes me wonder where they will take the show.  it was enough to make sure that i will be watching this season.  gotta love those twisted writers!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Kimbrell

• House Bee
Re: lost!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 05:42:44 pm »
My familt is hooked on this show, too.
My take on the last show was that somehow some of them get rescued and return to U.S.(Oceanic 6), but most of them are unhappy(Jack and Hugo) and want to go back to the island.  I don't know what to think about the new people who were supposed to be sent by Penelope.  My husband thinks they are trying to get to the island to axploit whatever it is (?) that makes the island special.
Anyway, love the show and can't wait for next week!

Offline mark

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 05:58:47 pm »
way too much recapping!!!!!!!   the writers ain't at all sure where they are going is my thought.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 07:19:19 pm »
way too much recapping!!!!!!!

maybe....my thought was that they were trying to make it easier for new people to watch the show.  it would be hard to jump into it at this point without a good idea of what has come before.  since many shows are late starting, this might have been a ploy to pull new folks in and keep them.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Kimbrell

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 11:10:15 pm »
It has been a long, dry spell.  At least by starting the season now we can view it in its entirety without having to watch the repeats they put in at random.

Offline NWIN Beekeeper

• Professional Beekeeper
  • House Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 09:35:13 am »
If you are any fan at all, using www.lostpedia.com is an absolute must!!

For once someone has designed a webspace that works like a wiki to let you search and follow the topics on your mind. It updates very quickly and adds a lot of points you might not have thought about.

The spoilers have been right on the money too (must have some good inside sources).

The last episode (2/28) finally started to give the show a little more "meat" to the story line.
The other episodes have left you wondering about things, this one gave some answers.
There is nothing new under the sun. Only your perspective changes to see it anew.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 12:05:33 pm »
thanks for the link.  i don't think i have looked at it.  i notice they still have the Oceanic Airlines site up,

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 06:52:12 pm »
So I started watching all the "Lost" episodes on "G4" and "SciFi" channels. Great show. But don't it make you mad all the people that have gotten killed? You're just left to wonder...... Why?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 06:54:07 pm »
keep watching.  you  may get a surprise or two.  how far have you gotten?

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 07:00:57 pm »
I am caught up now I think. Last night one of the local Channels had a three hour special leading up to the new season. The last scene was John Locke in a casket.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 05:52:58 am »
I just heard, NETWORK WEBSITE will be airing all 4 seasons online starting now.
I can only assume www.abc.com (I just tried link, easy to follow for MANY of their shows) but my work computer blocked access to the site.

I never lost lost, It sounds like a good time to do it if I'm going to watch it. I've heard so many great things about the show..

Question, whick season sucked worse, I always like to see if a show gets better to loses an audience. NBC is getting 35-54 age group writing to say their story lines are too complex.

And WHY IS HOUSE MOVING NIGHTS - I think they may be taking on Survivor? That be a cool ratings to watch. Survivor feels more live than Houses. I'd probably ""watch Survivor"" live and see the web cast of House tomorrow.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 10:38:53 am »
I can not say that any season of "LOST" sucked. Of course there are no season finales when they show them everyday through all the seasons. It is just having to wait through the weekend and holidays.  :roll: They have managed to put it together so that you always want to see what is going to happen next. As I said earlier, sometimes you get POed over who gets killed.

I just saw an ad for the next Survivor on CBS so I don't think they are moving to another network. Don't think CBS would give them up easily.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 12:10:53 pm »
You go here

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=index

click on "FREE EPISODES" ---- click on "LOST"

If you don't have the right plug in you have to download it. Resolution needs to be set to 1024 x 768 for it to work.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 01:09:14 am »
i have a problem with the whole time travel thing.  it always screws up my head. 
have to watch the season online because of a dispute between fisher broadcasting and dish network.  don't mind.  it's the only abc show i watch anyway.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 01:50:32 am »
I get the time travel stuff. But with this show you really have to keep up, what with the flash forwards, flash backs, and the bouncing around in time. Can't be looking off you'll lose your place and be LOST  :shock:

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 02:00:05 pm »
After renting Season 1, and almost completing Season 2, Idid watch last weeks episode...Whoa, what a show.

I can't wait to see ALL of the seasons...just saw where Michael shot Ana Lisa & Libby, then himself...oh my!

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 08:00:16 pm »
I'm like Kathy, the KOMO feud w/Dish Network keeps us from watching ABC. Worst thing, I'm missing my soaps!! :'(!!  Been watching GH since I was a child with my Grandmother, great memories of "quiet" special times sitting next to her!  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 08:08:34 pm »
What feud? Must be a local thing. I thought it was now some sort of law for dish television providers to offer local stations. 

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 08:15:36 pm »
I just went and checked and season five is online

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=index

Click on "free episodes" and then clock on "lost"

If you don't have the right plugin you will have to download it.

anything