Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blog now starting its seventh year  (Read 5041 times)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
Blog now starting its seventh year
« on: May 01, 2012, 11:05:48 pm »
As of today, my blog begins its seventh continuous year - close to 1000 posts - should be there by the end of May.  I've had tons of visitors, lots of links (Google says that 135,000 links to my blog exist on the Internet!)

Mostly I'm writing today to say thank you to all of you out there on this forum who visit, post, and comment.  There are, again according to Google, 6,700 links on the Beemaster forum over the past six years to various blog posts of mine.  I've linked some of those, but most come from other folks, so I am very grateful for the support and fellowship of all of you.  What a great forum!

I know I've been a little scarce this year - new grandbaby (that makes three), teaching, and all the many ways I am involved in Georgia beekeeping eat up my hangout on the Internet time.....but I do care about all of you and appreciate all that you have given me over these past six years.

Linda T in Atlanta
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:30:33 pm by tillie »

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Blog now starting its seventh year
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 11:12:00 pm »
Congratulations Linda on a great blog. I've visited several times myself.You have put great effort into it. And no need to apololgize for scarcity,grandchildren need to be enjoyed!! :)
Anybody not familiar with Lindas blog should at least check the sections on crush and strain and the homegrown beetle trap.

http://beekeeperlinda.blogspot.com/

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 11:22:04 pm »
I still love the blog.   It is like a visit to see the hives in the mountains or around town which I don't have. 

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 11:53:22 am »
Congratulations!   I remember when you started.   You optimize "Great things can happen when you stick with it".  May you have many more years of success.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 12:10:49 pm »
Good on ya Linda! There are lots of bee blogs out there. It seems more pop up every day. In my opinion yours is truly the best! Keep it up.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 12:16:23 pm »
It's a great blog and Linda is a great teacher!!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 12:29:57 am »
Your blog is still the place I refer any new beekeepers who need to know how to do something. I still check your blog every week to see what you are up to. I feel a kinship with you Linda because we are both Sagittarius and both started our bees on the exact same day in April.

Thanks for all you do.

Love
Annette

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 10:52:12 am »
Linda - your blog is one of the best I've found out there.   Thanks so much for everything you've put on it and thanks for making it searchable.   I use your search feature almost every time I'm on the site.   Your experience and advice is invaluable.   Thank you!!
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 08:51:39 am »
I just posted the 1000th post on my blog!  I find that almost unbelievable - this is my seventh year of keeping it up....took a while to get to 1000 and i've had a great time, as I hope I will continue to have.

Offline mcdwill

• New Bee
    • My Bee Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 08:19:02 am »
Linda your blog is great, I spent quite a bit of time reading it from start to finish before my bee's came home.  Kudo's on all the great work and hitting post 1000 :)

Offline Satch

• House Bee
  • Grandpa and Brandon in the hives
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 12:09:47 pm »
Enjoyed reading and viewing the pictures from your blog.  Thanks for the time and effort that you put in to it.