Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: sweet potatoes  (Read 3208 times)

Offline wrk4beer

• New Bee
sweet potatoes
« on: August 23, 2007, 09:14:38 am »
Sweet Potatoes

Every morning during our coffee break, my co-workers and I listened to the culinary disasters of a newlywed colleague. We then tried to share some helpful hints and recipes.
One day, she asked us for step-by-step instructions on cooking sweet potatoes, one of her husband's favorites.
"I've finally been able to make them sweet," she said, "but how do you make them orange?"

She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.
Mark Twain

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Re: sweet potatoes
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 10:59:09 am »
.... one of her husband's favorites.....

How many husbands does she have?  :-D
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 02:01:56 pm »
wrk4beer.  YOu have gotta be kidding us!!!!  Have a wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 01:46:29 am »
When my parents were first married my mother bought a chicken and roasted it for sunday dinner.  My Dad asked, "What'd ya use for stuffing?"  My mother answered, "Oh, it was already stuffed." 

True story.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 10:41:16 am »
Brian, eeewww.  Pretty easy to do, not a doubt in my mind!!!!  (Better check the turkey that I pulled out of the freezer for tomorrow's "garbage can" turkey we are cooking for Sunday dinner tomorrow)!!!!!  Have a wonderful day, best of this life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 12:10:32 pm »
Aw the chicken and turkey stuffings. My EX-wife didn't know there were bags of innards in there until after it was cooked.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

anything