Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: looking for a cheap 2-6 frame extractor, please read if you have one...  (Read 5635 times)

Offline sandhya

• New Bee
  • March 2007 Rakkasah Festival
getting tired of doing it my old fashion way, want to get an extractor...stainless would be ideal, or one of those plastic import ones would be good to start with.....I am willing to go 150. or if shipping to me here in SF bay area....150 total cost of extractor and S&H...
contact me through the boards...I will check back...or email me at my junk email box....sandygw1@yahoo.com
thanks
Be Well,
Sandy "Sandhya"
I believe if we give of ourselves, we will live forever.

Offline LET-CA

• House Bee
If you can drive to Chico, you can pick up one of the plastic imported ones at the Dadant office for $105.  I don't have any experience with them but know that they carry them.  All the best.

Offline sandhya

• New Bee
  • March 2007 Rakkasah Festival
thats a great idea, I will look into the cost difference in gas as compared to s&h costs....it maybe a wash considering wear and tear on the ol car and of course that liquid gold called gasoline!
Be Well,
Sandy "Sandhya"
I believe if we give of ourselves, we will live forever.

Offline AllanJ

• House Bee
Other options:
Local extension agents.. Some countries will have an extractor for public use
Local beekeeping club.. If your a member, then they might have a couple for use. My local club has 2 that you can use for free.
Other beekeepers. Some bk's will extract your honey for a small honey cost. Others will gladly help you or loan equipment.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
try putting a wanted add on craigs list.  i found one there and a bunch of other stuff.  got the whole lot at a good price.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Kathy-p, I just wanted to say that your avatar scares me. ;)
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
If youjoin San Fran Bee assoc. you get the use of their extracting implements for free...

Offline ncbeekeeper

• New Bee
I made one from a plastic 55 gal drum, a fan motor from a production plant floor fan and had the frame holders welded to a 3/4 shaft. So far it looks and works great and I expect it to do the same once I get some honey to extract. If you want more details feel free to contact me..

I'll check back here as well.

Scott..

Offline abates99

• New Bee
I rember reading post's here and one man purchaced the $100 import from Dadant.  He said it worked great for the investment.  It wasnt as nice as a stainles steel one but it did the job at a much lower cost, if I remember right he did say that it was a little light and hard to control, and it wouldnt hold very much before it had to be emptied.

Offline abates99

• New Bee

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
jp, the old one was the blue dragon.  i wanted a nice red dragon, but couldn't find one i liked.  this one i like.  it kind of fits me  :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline BarneyG

• New Bee
Re: looking for a cheap 2-6 frame extractor, please read if you have one...
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 12:50:10 am »
MAXANT  5  / 10  FRAME  ELECT. STAINLESS STEEL HONEY EXTRACTOR  ON EBAY  3 DAYS LEFT FOR THIS SALE BID NOW IS ONLY $112.50                       BARNEY
Barney

Offline beeginner

• House Bee
  • The swarm I hived
Re: looking for a cheap 2-6 frame extractor, please read if you have one...
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 10:13:32 pm »
Do not get a plastic imported  one. There so little its just about all you can do to cleen the thing out. My friend had the one from dadant and my god pain in the!!!!!!!  lol