Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Part two  (Read 4960 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Part two
« on: July 20, 2010, 01:42:33 am »
As promised

cook shed cut out part 2.wmv

Hope ya'll enjoy!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Part two
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 02:07:19 am »
I should be in bed right now but what am I doing? Watching part 2 of course!

Great job you two!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 08:48:34 am »
Nicely done even if you did have to take one for the team  :'( :-D, but at least you got a  :-* to make it better!!

So did you combine the two hives??

Thanks for sharing the videos!
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 10:50:46 am »
I think your helper needs more camera time ;) Thank's for the video keep up the good work.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 12:12:49 pm »
Nice videos.

Although, it does miss that comedic relief that is so common in your videos JP. Tell Schawee to make a drive for a guest appearance!  :-D

Thanks for the video Hardwood. I learn something with each one.

Offline Storm

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 02:14:22 pm »
Thank you so much.  We're getting more and more calls for cut outs, and though I haven't tried one on my own yet, it's nice to have videos like yours to help learn how.

Thanks

Storm

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 02:28:23 pm »
Nice video, I just wish my wife would help out with the bees.  Maybe your wife can show her how its done without running around the yard screaming. 
Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/

Offline Storm

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 04:14:52 pm »
Send her to me, Vermmy.  I'm even allergic to stings, but you don't see me running away screaming.  :-D

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 04:38:07 pm »
or to me.  i don't scream, but i can expand her vocabulary.....and we can see who can run faster!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 05:45:11 pm »
Wish I had someone to kiss my boo-boos.   Do you always screw  your tops down when you are moving them?

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 05:59:40 pm »
I noticed that too. It looked like you screwed AND taped the top down.

What kinda vacuum do you use? The hose looked like pool vacuum hose.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 06:03:24 pm »
Allen, no I don't screw tops on usually but in this case I was pressed for equipment (we were called out for a single colony and didn't bring enough gear to handle two). I ended up scrounging some tempered hardboard for tops and tore out some window screen for bottoms. Luckily we had two deep boxes with us as we had planned on using the bushkill style vac.

The house is being remodeled and the shed was slated to be torn down the following day so we didn't have the luxury of leaving the boxes to catch the returning foragers or we wouldn't have used the vacuum at all.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 06:12:26 pm »
specialk, I had hoped the tape would hold but that's the "low tack" style and wouldn't stick, hence the screws.

The vac is one of three different styles that I've made with three changeable catch boxes and is my personal fav. It's smaller and lighter than the bushkill style and is easier to use on ladders etc. I put a shoulder strap on it for such cases. The problem being that if you vacuum too many bees they will be separated from the brood so it's important to re-combine them quickly.

Yes, that's and old scrounged pool hose...works great. It's relatively smooth on the inside and comes in 30' lengths so you can cut the size you need.

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 09:26:30 pm »
Sounds great! Do you have a link to the plans you used to build your vac, or pictures of it?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 10:00:50 pm »
No plans, just kinda winged it. I'll try to get you some pics soon.

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 10:47:42 pm »
goodun there scott and peggy; enjoyed it
to bee or not to bee

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 10:54:20 pm »
No plans, just kinda winged it. I'll try to get you some pics soon.

Scott

Thanks Scott. It's amazing how much help you are!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 12:25:47 am »
Hey I wanted to tell you that queen is sure purty!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 12:28:28 am »
that was fun to watch and you have one brave women there with you.  I think she got it on the elbow and the head. I wish I could be as brave as you guys, but I am just not ready to give up my veils and gloves.

Thanks for sharing Scott and Peggy.

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 03:49:32 pm »
Well done!  Thanks for sharing both videos.  I love watching and learning how other do cut outs.  It allows me to learn much more quickly in ways other than via my mistakes.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...