Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee venom collector and collecting bee venom  (Read 1845 times)

Offline honeybeesforus

• New Bee
  • Be well
    • Bee venom collecting
Bee venom collector and collecting bee venom
« on: April 27, 2016, 08:06:55 pm »
Hi I need some details from anyone about bee venom collectors, which one is the most profitable, when you compare price with quality. Please give me with some details of your experience?
Traditional beekeeper, about 83 LR hives. Taking honey is my first thing, but I discover Bee Venom Collecting recently. And it's more nobler than harvesting honey :)
And more usefull to us, humans

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Bee venom collector and collecting bee venom
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 12:53:50 pm »
I do not know any info about the collectors available but before you try this, where are your bees located? Miles from any other people or farm animals I hope. At a bee college that I attended  they talked about this. The collectors zap the bees with electricity and the bees try to sting the collector leaving the venom on the board. The bees end up beeing very very aggressive. You will have to have full protection to work these hives.
Another problem is if anyone else comes in contact with the dry venom and is not being stung by the bees, they can develop severe reaction to a sting. Your wife washing you suit with dried venom on it can cause this if she does not receive regular stings.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

anything