Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How do i make honey sticks?  (Read 24460 times)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: How do i make honey sticks?
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 02:12:44 am »
If you can get a needle course enough and heat the honey to about 100 F maybe the syringe would work.

The vet syringes don't have needles. Just openings. These are the ones used for oral meds on cats and dogs.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Casimir

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 03:11:19 am »
Here is a example of an oral syringe. My cat got sick a couple months ago and we were given a syringe that we never needed to use. Now I can put it to good use.

Offline brit.thebee

• House Bee
    • PollenNation
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 02:49:49 am »
I had one without a needle to squirt food out of my empty teeth holes when I got my wisdom teeth out.  It was so gross.

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2007, 12:34:16 pm »
I had one without a needle to squirt food out of my empty teeth holes when I got my wisdom teeth out.  It was so gross.
Empty teeth holes eh?

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, we're trying to eat here and you stand here airing out your stinky ol' gumholes. What are ya trying to do? Make us puke?"

:lol:

re: honey sticks ~>   Heating the honey and storing it in plastic (are they plastic or cello?) would not seem the best way to get across the quality in a sample.  But I can see the honey stix flying off the shelves - customers wanting a small, convenient product & surely healthier than the commercial sugary snacks.

Offline JMN

• New Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2007, 07:09:39 pm »
To taste the honey why don't you get some of those wooden popsicle sticks and a small baby bear squeeze bottle and squeeze some honey on the stick.  Not much investment, sanitary and people love it.
Of all the things I lost, my mind is the one I miss the most. B1mg379

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2007, 07:29:03 pm »
I think one of the reasons you sell a lot of honey sticks is because they usually go for $0.25 a piece.  A lot of kids have that kind of cash.  :)  And then they get more...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin