Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Honor Stand, FINISHED!  (Read 1805 times)

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
Honor Stand, FINISHED!
« on: May 29, 2013, 10:53:32 am »
I spent Memorial Day finishing the painting.  Making it was relatively quick.  The painting was what consumed the time.  I wanted it to be highly visible, easily understood, and inviting.  I'll have a reverseable sign hanging under "HONOR STAND" that will read "OPEN" or "SOLD OUT"  I'm having the money box welded up and I'll bolt it to the counter.  The storage in the back is for a few extra supers, bottled honey, and various supplies as the stands location will be at my main apiary.

http://s196.photobucket.com/user/Drew454/library/#/user/Drew454/library/Honor%20Stand?sort=3&page=1&_suid=13698334473650326292030681594
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 04:46:27 pm by D Coates »
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Honor Stand, FINISHED!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 10:57:02 am »
Beautiful!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 11:28:41 am »
very nice!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline duryeafarms

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 01:29:26 pm »
Very well done. An interesting experiment in human integrity.

Offline HomeSteadDreamer

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 01:54:46 pm »
I have chickens and visit a chicken site alot.  There are many of people there who have honor stands/refridge on their outdoor porches.  Most don't have any trouble.  Will yours be located on your property?

Offline D Semple

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 02:13:25 pm »
Great job Drew!

If your whole stand should by chance disappear, you might want to check my house first.

Don

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 03:35:31 pm »
Yes, it's on my property.  But, I do not live on that property.  Fortunately, there's a neighbor right across the road who's home overlooks it.  He and I get along real well and I make sure to give him some honey every year.  People think he's the beekeeper.

Don, yea, I've got my eyes on you... ;)

Duryeafarms, I agree.  It's a $500 roll of the dice.  I am so often asked when I'm working the hives where people can buy my honey I figured I'd sell them right there.  There's good traffic and a place to pull a car in.  Worst case scenario, a bunch of thieves swipe my honey for a bit.  I'll repaint it and modify it into a deer stand.  I grew up in Castroville, TX (Medina Valley) and used to play Floresville in football so I'm still familiar with using deer stands (very nice in the sometimes cold & windy weather up here).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 04:47:34 pm by D Coates »
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Moots

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 06:48:49 pm »
WOW!  Very impressive...

I'd say don't get lazy about emptying the money box and don't stock too much more inventory than necessary and you'll probably be alright.  At least, I would hope so....

Good luck with it.