Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beginning the 2nd season In NC  (Read 2123 times)

Offline bassnbees

• New Bee
Beginning the 2nd season In NC
« on: March 04, 2010, 12:11:58 pm »
Hello,
Just dropping in to introduce myself.  Second season as a beekeeper hobbyist.  I LOVE the interaction with the little critters.  I also play bass guitar and upright bass professionally (hence my username) and am a fly fishing guide (hence my entomology interest).  This gives me a few days on the river per week and a couple of nights on stage.  It also gives me several afternoons a week to decompress, and that's where my hive comes in.  Lost my bees last week, but more on that in another post.  Have a package coming in April to install in my existing hive and another new hive with a nuc coming as well.  All of my bee knowledge comes from reading and hands on learning (that's what I call making mistakes). 

Offline heaflaw

• House Bee
Re: Beginning the 2nd season In NC
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 08:51:20 pm »
Welcome,  I'm down the mountain from you in Lincolnton.  There are some really good people on here who can give good advice.  I once played bass in a rock cover band and I envy what you do.  What band?

Offline bassnbees

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 10:39:17 pm »
Howdy Lincolnton,
Good BBQ down your way!  The band is Velvet Truckstop...online or myspace.  I've been checking out this forum from time to time over the past year and finally made the time to sign up. Thanks for dropping a line!  Jerry

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 12:33:55 am »
Jerry, welcome to our forum, great that you have joined in.  A bass guitar player, a stand up base guitar player.  My dream would be to play a big bass guitar (is that called the bass fiddle?, just curious).  I LOVE bass guitar, just dreamin' and ramblin'.  Sorry to hear that you lost your bees, but you are so deeply held under their spell, you are now getting the package bees, wonderful.  They do have a sweet little way about them, just asking the human being to take care of them, smiling.  Stick around, we have many new members and each and every one is important.  We love too to hear stories and tales, and life experiences are great to hear about too.  Do have that most wonderful day, great life and health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service