Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: errant bee following me around  (Read 3561 times)

Offline saritacoleman

• House Bee
errant bee following me around
« on: July 26, 2010, 01:25:54 pm »
I was helping my husband take some stuff to his car yesterday morning and one of our bees started following me around. I was putting stuff in his trunk and she went in there to check it out. Then as my husband was getting ready to leave she got in the car with him. He got her out before he left.

Anyway, since yesterday she's been hanging out on my front porch and following me around. A couple of times she's landed on me. I've shaken her off but I'm wondering why she's not working and just hanging out.

We rarely see our bees in our front yard and if they are they don't stay for long.

What's going on? Surely this has happened to someone else.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Sarita

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: errant bee following me around
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 01:55:16 pm »
Maybe she knows you from a previous life :-D :-D

It happens many times to me that a bee or 2 will start to follow me around. I always figure they smell me and I smell like the hive.

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 02:13:57 pm »
you got yourself a buddy

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 02:20:59 pm »
Make a leash, and take her for a walk. :evil:
Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/

Offline Hethen57

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 02:38:34 pm »
I was going to post on this same topic.  Every once in a while, I get an isolated bee who wants to mess with me.  She starts bumping my face, I turn to run  :roll:, she continues bumping the back of my head and trying to lodge in my hair, then I manage to shake her by going into the barn or the garage.  I'm amazed at the tenacity of these bees, because when I exit (even 15-20 minutes later) the same angry guard is right back on me  :-D.   Eventually, she seems to give up, but this may go on for hours.

P.S. - I've also had friendly ones that just want to hang out with me, usually in early Spring, but then I realize that they were just looking for a place to poop...haha
-Mike

Offline saritacoleman

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 02:44:37 pm »
She doesn't seem angry...she will buzz around my head and then I know to look for her.
When she lands she just sorta crawls on me until I shake her off.

If I got a veil less head butt I might be more alarmed.

Offline Hethen57

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 02:49:07 pm »
I have friendly ones land on me all the time, but they have never hung around long enough to develop the deep relationship that you two seem to have developed...that sounds like some bee  :-D
-Mike

Offline saritacoleman

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 04:31:30 pm »
"I have friendly ones land on me all the time, but they have never hung around long enough to develop the deep relationship that you two seem to have developed...that sounds like some bee"

Funny.

What do you do when the friendly ones land on you?

Offline Hethen57

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 04:49:17 pm »
I just let them bee... :shock:
-Mike

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 05:35:50 pm »
I've always got one or two crawling around on me...enough to where we do "bee checks" on our porch before entering the house. I just let them do what they want. Of course we're also in mosquito country so the trick is to learn what's crawling on your arm before you swat at it!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline scoobee

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 06:10:54 pm »
Wow, I didn't think it was possible. But, it sounds to me like you have a welfare bee on your hands, She seems to be doing the same thing that my son n law and step-daughter do to us. Just hang around begging for a hand out until their welfare check and food stamps come in. You all probably know my step daughter, her name is Satan.

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 06:35:03 pm »
wow

and second  i sure like the sense of humor on this forum      thanks everyone

Offline winginit

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 09:39:06 pm »
Happened to me for the first time today.

Of course, I think I set off robbing in my hives today. Bees are everywhere...Maybee trying to tell me to come undo what I did. On it.

anything