Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hey from south west Indiana  (Read 2301 times)

Offline firebee

• Brood
Hey from south west Indiana
« on: July 15, 2009, 03:47:11 pm »
I am not new to beekeeping but have no hives at this time. Been out of beekeeping for about 15 years looking to get back in soon. trying to pick up new ideas and tips.
Thanks in advance.
stupid people keep me in a job!

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
Re: Hey from south west Indiana
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 04:07:32 pm »
Welcome, from another Hoosier. 

Given your quote....are you a cop?   :)
"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 04:10:43 pm »
I take that back...shoulda looked at your name, before asking that question...lol
"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 07:35:48 am »
Hello and Welcome!

This is a good forum for learning more about bees, or to brush up on what's current if you've been out of it for awhile.

I also recommend getting connected with a local beekeeping club. Depending on where in southwest Indiana you're located, there's the Southwestern Beekeepers down near Evansville, and the Wabash Valley Beekeepers near Crane. And you might pencil in Oct 24th - the State Beekeeping Association is having it's fall conference in Danville:
http://www.hoosierbuzz.com/

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 09:21:05 pm »
Hello and Welcome Firebee
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny   

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 12:37:38 am »
Welcome to the forum.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 10:21:26 pm »
Welcome Firebee.
Bobby

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 11:07:05 am »
Firebee, welcome to our forum, so great that you have found us.  You have been held under the spell of the honeybee, see, 15 years, and you are feeling compelled to get back into them, who can't help, we are all held deeply under that spell.  Stick around, this will be a place where you can tell your stories, tales and experiences, learn new things, we love to help out, we love new members, you will make some new and great friends too.  Have that wonderful, most awesome day, to love and live, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service