Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Needed desperately-some pollen or pollen patties  (Read 3537 times)

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
Needed desperately-some pollen or pollen patties
« on: July 31, 2010, 07:45:07 pm »
Hi everybody, was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out with either some pollen or some pollen patties?

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Needed desperately-some pollen or pollen patties
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 09:03:19 pm »
somewhere on here there is a recipe for making them.  aren't you still in winter there?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline philinacoma

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 11:45:16 am »
somewhere on here there is a recipe for making them.  aren't you still in winter there?

Seeing the girls out last Sunday and Monday in force, they don't think it will be for much longer!

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 07:46:26 pm »
Thanks guys for your replies... i decided to take a different path with the hive that i needed pollen patties for - there just wasnt enough bees to keep the hive viable so i made a nuc and introduced the queen from this colony in to that. There's about 50 bees left from the original colony and the queen had laid some eggs - a bit of brood hatched the other day so maybe they might turn one of those eggs in to a queen cell but if they do it will be a real project to get this tiny hive going... i'l keep you posted.

In regard bringing in pollen - when i opened my main hive the other day i was watching what the girls were bringing in! they were loaded with pollen! bright yellow and there was this amazingly vivid bright red pollen on a few as well! i love seeing the chequered pollen colours on a frame

anything