Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mici, Slovaquia vs Slovenija  (Read 3515 times)

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
Mici, Slovaquia vs Slovenija
« on: March 21, 2007, 04:02:30 am »
Mici, I have found a Spanish Europe mape from the XVII century.
Hispania, France, Italy, Slovenia and Greece. And full point. No problems with the actual puzzle.

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
Re: Mici, Slovaquia vs Slovenija
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 01:21:03 pm »
oooh, abejaruco it's nice to see this map. but i must tell you, although the name is in tight connection with Slovenia- obviusly, it's not Slovenija but Slavonija, it's only one of the many regions that was once populated by Slovenians, nowadays, Slavonija lies in the hands of those...Croats!!!
it actually isn't Slavonia but Slovenijeh, it was named Slavonia later, during the period of so called "panSlavizm".

anyway, interesting that Slavonia made it to this map, really interesting, in this case, from observing the map, i'd say this "Slavonia" was meant just as an area populated by Slavs, from other maps i see Slovenijeh is much higher.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 08:13:12 pm »
one day i was helping my grandson with his homework.  he had to identify some countries on a world map.  he was only 8, so he only had to do easy ones :-). 

the map had the names of many countries printed on it.  as i looked at it, i realized that even in my lifetime many countries had changed names.  no wonder i am always so confused when i go anywhere!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 04:58:50 am »
Great map! looks great with the table and stuff. It could be from hundreds of years ago that pic. You have a great knack for decoration!

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 02:19:52 pm »
The decoration is the aficcion of my wife. Everything made with nobles woods is catched. I want to post a ship that she made piece to piece, (the horse of Troya was not so complicated). It is a "cutty sark" vessel exact retort. 

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 02:35:21 pm »
ah well...she does a great job, but it's obvious she's also a great housewife. the first picture just doesn't seem right, where's the dust on the books and candle stands! :lol:

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 02:49:36 pm »
The first picture can´t be cleaned very often, it´s located in the "grenier" of a house that we have in the French Alps, with tons of old thinghs that were found in the "cave". I think that from Napoleon times. But the books are "un mojón" (Pronounced mohon Spanish j= English h). :mrgreen:

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 02:54:18 pm »
no no, you got it wrong. i said there's not enough dust :)

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 02:56:32 pm »
Ya, ya  ;)