Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fable 3  (Read 6147 times)

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
Fable 3
« on: January 23, 2011, 02:57:56 pm »
Wondering how many of you have played Fable 3?  I am not so sure that i like it more then Fable 2.  Some stuff in the game has been made alot more complicated then it needs to be like managing rental property what a huge pain in the you know where.
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Fable 3
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 03:01:26 pm »
have not done any of the fable games.  did like elder scrolls IV.  have not finished it.  finished Alan Wake, which is a kind of fun adventure/shooter game.  different.
  started bio-shock 2, and looking to get HALO reach and call of duty black ops next. 

i wait until they are sold by some kid who finished them in one night and then ebays them  :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 10:27:57 pm »
kathyp have you picked up a copy of civilization revolution yet?  that game is really addictive and sells for a song now that it's been out a while

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 11:06:37 pm »
nope.  just ordered Dead Space on no 2 sons rec.  he and i like the same kind of stuff.  i'll watch for yours.  what's the story line?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 01:28:02 am »
you start out at a race german, american, russian, etc.  found a small city.  you then produce settlers to expand your empire.  as it starts out in B.C. time you research new technologys.  you must also amass armies to protect from invaders and if you choose to invade other cities.  You can win the game by 4 different ways an economic victory amass alot of money, a domination victory capture all the other capitals, a cultural victory usually by building wonders of the world, or a technological victory where you build a space ship and become the first to reach alpha centroi (spelling)  very addictive i have played for hours as it is like a chess game trying to protect what is yours and still putting resouces into growing your cities.  i have just about mastered it only have one achevement left to get and it seems winning a domination victory on the hardest level by 1000 B.C. is turning into a joke. 

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 11:06:21 am »
sounds like fun.  i like to swap a shooter game for a strategy games.  good to keep both your quick reaction skills and long term thinking skills sharp!   :-D