Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Who drinks the sugar water?  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Dr. B in Wisconsin

• House Bee
Who drinks the sugar water?
« on: June 23, 2010, 09:26:35 pm »
I have been feeding my bees sugar water and they are still taking a quart a day. There are ALOT of bees in my hive and I was wondering who drinks the sugar water, I would think that the bees that are out and about are eating some of what they collect. With so many bees in the hive do they take turns ??? Ya I know who cares but do they share or are they like humans?? This is my second question in one day I think this hobby has stung me,

Brian

Offline John Schwartz

• House Bee
    • The Bee Farm
Re: Who drinks the sugar water?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 09:44:33 pm »
Many of us in the Northwest had to feed up until last week. :)
―John Schwartz, theBee.Farm

Offline riverrat

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 10:26:41 pm »
I feed all season long while doing splits. once I have them built up in 2 10 frame deeps they are  on there own
never take the top off a hive on a day that you wouldn't want the roof taken off your house

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 10:56:16 pm »
Foragers, the others are busy with their own jobs.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

anything