Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Old Priest  (Read 3205 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
The Old Priest
« on: February 20, 2008, 07:17:14 am »
The old priest lay dying in the hospital. For years, he had faithfully served the people of the nation's capital in Washington, DC. He motioned for his nurse to come near.

"Yes, Father?" said the nurse

"I would really like to see President Bill and Senator Hillary Clinton before I die," whispered the priest.

"I'll see what I can do, Father" replied the nurse.

The nurse sent the request to the Senate and waited for a response. Soon the word arrived; the Clinton's would be delighted to visit the priest.

As they went to the hospital, Hillary commented to Bill, "I don't know why the old priest wants to see us, but it certainly will help our images and might even get me elected President. After all, I'm IN IT TO WIN IT."

Bill agreed--it was a very good thing for her campaign once they put out a press release about it.

When they arrived at the priest's room, the old priest took Bill's hand in his right hand and Hillary's hand in his left. There was silence and a look of serenity on the old priest's face.

Finally Bill Clinton spoke. "Father, of all the people you could have chosen, why did you choose us to be with you as you near the end?"

The old priest slowly replied, "I have always tried to pattern my life after our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

"Amen" said Bill.

"Amen" said Hillary.

The old priest continued...

"He died between two lying thieves. I would like to do the same."
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
Re: The Old Priest
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 02:01:04 pm »
Hmmm not funny... how typically neocon...should have been G.W. Shrub and his boss Cheney...they've been lying to us about everything while lining their pockets with...

Oh...sorry Ted, I just noticed that I'm on the wrong beekeeping website... :-P

:-D

Rick

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 02:08:45 pm »
Know how to tell when a politician is lying don't you? You see his/her lips moving.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 03:42:47 pm »
that was great!!  i may have to pass it on   :evil:.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline pttom

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 11:19:19 pm »
That is a good one Ted, and no doubt the truth.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 12:22:54 am »
From the time I could crawl I remember my Dad saying, over and over again, "If a Politician has his mouth open, he's lying."
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!