Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Newbee from West Michigan  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Curtchann

• New Bee
Newbee from West Michigan
« on: December 19, 2014, 12:45:05 pm »
Just starting out, have not purchased any bees or hives as of yet. Looking forward to this new hobbie.

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
Re: Newbee from West Michigan
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 01:09:39 pm »
I have been a beekeeper for years and love it. There will be great years and years with little honey for you to collect but the experiences are well worth the expense and time.
At this point I suggest you see if there is a bee club local to you. Many clubs have classes and a mentoring program for beginners. At this time READ, READ, READ. I still read my books and enjoy this forum as there are problems and new ideas that I have not encountered or thought of. For your first year, I suggest you not go to far out there but rather stick to what you hear in your class and read here. There is probably thousands of years (collectively) of beekeeping experiences for you to enjoy.

Welcome to the forum.  :cheer: and ask as many questions as you like, we are here to share knowledge and stories.  -Mike
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline Curtchann

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 01:30:03 pm »
Thanks Mike, I found a club in Holland that's about 20 min. from me. I plan on going to their bee school in Feb. I've started reading up and doing as much research as possible. I'm going to start out with 2 hives and go from there.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 04:01:14 pm »
Welcome, and ditto what Mike said.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 04:07:47 pm »
Welcome to the forum. Your just up the road from us.
Kalamazoo has a bee school also.
http://www.kalamazoobeeclub.com/

anything